LEDS amazingly bright

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Odd, that's exactly what I have been doing today, buying led's! The ones I got don't have a wide enough viewing angle though. Those ones look very bright - do you have a link to the thread on the MK forums?

Thanks, Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Deutsch ist kein Problem :)

They look very good, is there a website where you can buy them?

jes1111

They do look bright, but I wonder whether they'd be visible in daylight. That's what I think we need - something bright enough to help with orientation during the day - standard aircraft layout: green on right, red on left, white on the tail. That way you'll know the orientation based on the colours you are seeing.

My guess is he's using multiple 5W LEDs. With 12V available onboard it should be possible to use the home-type "spotlights" with LEDs?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
he dosent say, all i know is that he is using them with 4s says they are running warm at 12v and with full 4s you need sunglasses. He is also offering gren blue and red, but i think they are not so bright. They seem to be mounted on an thicker aluminium piece since they get so hot

Boris

@ Gunter, gut zu wissen :)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
thanks bart !

what I dont get. If they say 12V, do these things take a 4s with 16.x. As far as i understand some do. Some get to hot and burn etc. How does one know ?

Boris

jes1111

Not sure of the answer to your last question, Boris - maybe safer to use a little switching power supply to run them at the rated 12V.

I'm understanding more now about these - the LEDs are about 0.75W each - the strip is damn bright 'cos there's so many of them!

I believe the brightest single LEDs are currently 5W - and they are v-e-r-y bright. Google "5W LED".

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Thanks for the link Dave. I have been searching for led's for the last few days and he has exactly what I need. I ordered 3 of the superlights this afternoon and he has posted them for me already. I'll post a pic/video of them when I have them back home.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
My LED's arrived today, they are pretty bright, I'm sure they will do the job. I had my daughter take them 200 yards away and they were still easily visible...

Only problem is they are a bit tricky to mount, because the wires come out of the back...I'll take a closeup pic when I get a chance.

View attachment 978

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 282

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Mine arrive today.. I bought loads of different ones so will post my findings..

They do look bright! which ones are those?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Mine arrive today.. I bought loads of different ones so will post my findings..

They do look bright! which ones are those?

They are the superlights, pretty good. I even tried to mount them inside my booms and the result is impressive!!

View attachment 987View attachment 988View attachment 989

I also tried to silicon them inside a small plastic cup, to make them easier to mount, but it's very difficult! Silicone all over the place and gave up...maybe I'll try that again tomorrow :-(

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 213
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 240
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 216

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter, Droider:

Do you think will they be visible in daylight?

I think so, I tested them yesterday when it was mostly bright outside and they seemed okay. I will check this weekend during the day when the sun is shining!