Serious Tarot gimbal issues

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'll try to make this quick:

got a used tarot T-2D, it arrived w/ 1.3 firmware - somewhat working but with some jerking if it rolled to the right when testing on bench.

I updated it to 1.5 (controller & motor) and the thing freaked out. It started jerking more violently and faces only straight down. The 3D depiction is nowhere near correct.

I put it back to 1.3, and somewhere in there it began losing power intermittently. I found some stray strands loose on the solder points on the gyro. So I fixed that - no more loss of power, but same jerking.

It shows up in GUI. Seems to update (controller is fine, but motor update never shows version # although it says it completes successfully).

Any thoughts? Fried gyro?

I have been powering with a fully charged 3S 450mah battery.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
No T-2D experts out there?

just need to know whether people have seen this before or if it's time to move on to replacement parts etc.

haha49

I had mine come new out of the box after it moves to a certain point it would do that I contacted Banggood (were I bought it) they sent out a new board and sensor for free that fixed the problem. It's the board most likely it could also be the sensor. It's 70 bucks or something like that from banggood for the new board and sensor.

I did calibritions ect on it and it didn't fix it.

I uploaded the video showing what was wrong with mine so you can see

http://youtu.be/vwkE4JU58Pc

To update the motor you have to plug the usb into another port. Motors and board update port are differn't

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Have you tried giving your gimbal Sinemet? :)

Tat would be far more humane than I was thinking...

Turned out it got worse - a 3 blink green light and then no lights at all. Looked it up and found many post about people having the same thing. No t ONE answer to any of the posts. None! So I found a guy who had upgraded his controller/sensor, and was willing to sell the old Tarot for super-cheap. Less than half of a new controller at banggood - so it's worth fixing.

We will see how it all shakes out.

Thanks folks.

What I see there is what happened to me recently with a Martinez 2 axis BGC. Eventually, after 3 firmware updates, I traced the issues back to a wrong orientation with the IMU sensor, ie.., x,y,z set incorrectly.
But after that, a great deal of difficulty getting the tuning worked out starting with PWM % followed by the typical PID loop tuning nightmare.
Also some of the older BGCs lose the tuning as the supply voltage drops..... hence a need to inset a voltage divider circuit to align with the newer firmware feature to correct this issue.
Looks like a common pattern here with the lower cost BGCs.

I'll try to make this quick:

got a used tarot T-2D, it arrived w/ 1.3 firmware - somewhat working but with some jerking if it rolled to the right when testing on bench.

I updated it to 1.5 (controller & motor) and the thing freaked out. It started jerking more violently and faces only straight down. The 3D depiction is nowhere near correct.

I put it back to 1.3, and somewhere in there it began losing power intermittently. I found some stray strands loose on the solder points on the gyro. So I fixed that - no more loss of power, but same jerking.

It shows up in GUI. Seems to update (controller is fine, but motor update never shows version # although it says it completes successfully).

Any thoughts? Fried gyro?

I have been powering with a fully charged 3S 450mah battery.

Thanks in advance.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
What I see there is what happened to me recently with a Martinez 2 axis BGC. Eventually, after 3 firmware updates, I traced the issues back to a wrong orientation with the IMU sensor, ie.., x,y,z set incorrectly.
But after that, a great deal of difficulty getting the tuning worked out starting with PWM % followed by the typical PID loop tuning nightmare.
Also some of the older BGCs lose the tuning as the supply voltage drops..... hence a need to inset a voltage divider circuit to align with the newer firmware feature to correct this issue.
Looks like a common pattern here with the lower cost BGCs.

the orientation was right - because it "almost" worked when I first got it. It was glitchy but it moved in the appropriate directions. The repeated updates caused this. It would take but crash the program on an old PC. It then worked on a better computer - but maybe the damage had been done?

ive for the replacement electronics on the way. Super cheap so it takes the sting out.... A little :)

Tim J

Hi
I had the same problem with mine it was new I found it online, that when you calibrate the gimbal the camera must point strait up.
It worked on my gimbal.

Tim

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hi
I had the same problem with mine it was new I found it online, that when you calibrate the gimbal the camera must point strait up.
It worked on my gimbal.

Tim

pointing it it up definitely helps the glitching/snapping around. But mine was fried I think. Putting a new controller on it fixed it.