DJI Lightbridge Notice

lightbridge_01.jpg

Dear DJI users,

Light Bridge has been released and we got feedback from some of our end users that they need a solution to use with WKM/A2 + Zenmuse platform other than Phantom 2. Considering this, DJI will ship GIMBAL Port To CAN cables and AV cables to dealers shortly. Users who already bought Light Bridge please contact your dealer to get these 2 cables for free.

Solution for WKM/A2 with Zenmuse gimbal.
Parts needed: (Available at your dealers)
1.GIMBAL Port To CAN cable
2.AV Cable
3.DJI 5.8G Radio

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Use your own 2.4G radio to control your multi-rotor via Light Bridge, and DJI 5.8G radio to control directly the Zenmuse gimbal. Never use 2.4G radio for gimbal control since it will interfere Light Bridge.

Lightbrigdge%20notice.jpg

Please click here for more information.

soler

More confused than ever now on this product,

Let me see if I have this correct
- Transmiter uses trainer port to connect to Lightbridge Ground system
- Light bridge sends signal to Lightbridge air system
- Air System sends signal to A2, bypassing built in A2 receiver
- Gimbal control needs to be via some DJI 5.8ghz transmitter, not yet available, so I you want a single man setup you cannot
- Video returned will be Non HD unless it is used with a new BMPC

DataLink - Planned missions you still need the 2.4ghz datalink, how this plugs in or if this will still work I have no idea. Possibly having a 2.4ghz datalink receiver next to the 2.4ghZ LightBridge air unit transmitting video will not be a good idea.
IOSD, is this needed any more? No, Well, Actually Yes you do just in case your bird falls out of the sky and you want to get that vital Log information about what happened

I am struggling to see the benefits of this system.

flitelab

It certainly is confusing and not how it was described prior to release. Totally lost on the need for this 5.8 radio now.

maxwelltub

I don't quite understand why you would buy a light bridge, or use one, if your going to use 5.8 analogue down link. How is it that you ship a product without the cables to plug into your other hardware? Is it me or is this absolutely absurd? Am I missing something?

EDIT, I was missing something. The 5.8 tx rx is for control, not video feed.

ChrisViperM

Dear DJI users,

Light Bridge has been released and we got feedback from some of our end users that they need a solution to use with WKM/A2 + Zenmuse platform other than Phantom 2.

WTF......so you guys are honestly saying you developed this Lightbridge-dingi solely for the Phantom ??? All your "Pro-gear" like the S800 EVO or the S1000 should still fly with AV-quality video, but only the Phantom should have HDMI....???

Excuse my language, but I think you guys are just completely stupid.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

flitelab

Something odd seems to be going on since the original video was shot with a GH3 Zenmuse. Now we come to find out it wont even work with A2/WKM unless you run a separate 5.8 radio.

Tahoe Ed

The promo film that DJI did was with an A2 FC. The operator has 3 channels available for the gimbal, F2-4. The GH3 was connected to the Lightbridge directly after the camera initialized. What was misleading was the monitor displaying the OSD overlay. That is not possible with a HDMI out. I spoke to one user today and he is connecting the Lightbridge to the gimbal and using UHF for his RC. His FPV is 5.8gHz.

flitelab

Lots of misleading info and confusion. Was stated it would work with WKM on the product page but reality is it wont unless you use a separate 5.8 radio now.

Using UHF and 5.8 is a hack for a setup that was advertised as a single point connection.

Copterimage

Not good

This is indeed very strange.
they told us, there is a 2.4gHz system that transfers the RC-Signal and a HDMI downlink for the video.
Now it seems that it is nothing like that.

I really don't understand that they say something like:"... notice for those who don't want to use the Phantom..."
Sure I'm not using a damn phantom!!!
I thought it was for professionals?! Phantom is far from professional.
Lightbridge seems to turn out beeing a toal hoax

:(

BayAreaFlyer

Just received my Lightbridge and it's useless without the cables. I can't hook it up to my H2-2D or my Zenmuse GH3. I hope I can return this thing because it's basically useless without a Phantom.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Its the same with all there products now.. how long for cables do you recon.. I have now been wiring over 5 weeks for a A2 GPS puck!

Maybe some one form DJI would like to get off their backside and listen and go shake them all up.

DJI have made the market what it is today and crushed all others now they are just not bothered as they really have no competition.

Crap nas more crap. They should be concentrating on stabilising and supporting their existing products not putting everything into badly thought out new ones.

OBTW. DONT believe any video DJI shove out they are all faked / VERY selectively edited to a large degree.

Come on DJI. Get back to it, shelve the new stuff sort out whats out there like the S1000 issues, the A2 issues and all the niggly firmware tweaks required on everything..

Oh and ship my bloody GPS PUCK!

Dave

Dave

As with all DJI products you should wait for the "Mark ii" versions since the first ones are always beta testing. I am proud to announce that I haven't bought a single DJI item for over a year.