Power distribution board vs power harness

Jaybeast

Well I put my dilemma to rest... I've decided to rebuild my 650 with the integrated f550 board. I was pretty happy with the flight characteristics prior to my little crash. Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

G

...guest...

Try as I might, I just can't do a power harness. My level 10 OCD precludes me from doing so lol.

Out of curiosity though do you guys cover the leads on your PDBs with liquid electric tape or something to prevent shorting should water (e.g., from wet grass) get on it?

I use clear conformal coating but not before every possible modification and correction is completed.

Try as I might, I just can't do a power harness. My level 10 OCD precludes me from doing so lol.

Out of curiosity though do you guys cover the leads on your PDBs with liquid electric tape or something to prevent shorting should water (e.g., from wet grass) get on it?

G

...guest...

I use clear conformal coating but not before every possible modification and correction is completed.

Thanks Scott. Does that stuff not come off easily? My concern is that I'm constantly rebuilding and need to resolder connectors.

Use the clear material but it must not be put on top of any FETs as they need to dissipate heat as rapidly as possible and conformal reduces heat dissipation.
Also if you get any of this inside of a connector such as USB...... good luck trying to make the connector usable again. You can paint it on or spray it on.
I prefer to paint it on as one has a bit better control where as to where it is applied.