Aeronavics / Droidworx HerkulesIII telemetry on a SJX4 is spot on

Cheshirecat

I am got the Futaba Telemetry up and running a few weeks back on the Herkules III (great help from Andreas) and i am much happier now i have a mAh drawn value displayed on the TX LCD Display real time.
I have made 5 flight tests noting the consumed current and then a charge cycle on the LiPos to see how it lines up and the charger agrees with the telmetry (practically spot on) been running it up to 13,000mAh and then landing.
Charger puts back around 6,600 a Pack

Here is the data logger on the SJ and the upgraded breakout PCB in the background (please excuse the DOF i couldn't be bothered to get the flash gun out)

View attachment 18008

Very happy, although i do feel they shouldn't stick the 2 PCB's back to back in the factory as it makes it very tricky to mount, i feel it would be better to supply the adhesive pad separately for those who want to mount them this way.
Next to delve into the data logger output.

Attachments

• IMG_5959.jpg
    IMG_5959.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 296

Hi, how do you set this up?

I switched from graupner to futaba a couple months back and I'm running a 14sg, I've been waiting for the firmwear for this to be available.

Cheshirecat

Hi

Do you already have the telemetry board from Andreas, if so you can log on to the download section of his website and get the latest firmwares and manual.
this will include the updates for Futaba Telemetry.
I alos had to update the firmware on my 14SG which was very straightforward from the Futaba support site.

Cheshirecat

No i am on 3.0.
I might look at 4.0 later, busy experimenting with different prop pitches and sizes on my X4 at the moment.
there was an issue on 3 where the 14SG could only display capacity up to 20,000mAh or something like that, i wonder if they fixed that part.
Appreciate the heads up in any case.

Cheshirecat

There is a new v4.0 firm wear for the 14sg, are you using that ? I think i was released yesterday.

Not sure if you got my reply to your PM.
My sent items and inbox refuse to show any hint that i replied, I did and you might have it twice or not at all...