Reciever to Naza v2 Connection & Placement - Questions (First Build)

PCMAerial

Hey everyone, coming along with my first build finally! Currently installing the components on my frame and ran into a question that should be relatively easy to answer. I can't find an exact diagram anywhere online or in the manual that came with my receiver/transmitter (FrSky Taranis & X8R Receiver). Also I'm a n00b. Anyways..

How do I connect my receiver to my NAZA v2 module? I have all of my ESC's plugged in my NAZA as well as my LED and PMU. Soldered the PMU down and good to go.

My receiver has no other cables or cords besides two antennae that are on the back. Just to experiment I plugged in one of the extra (servo??) wires that came with my naza, from the back port on the receiver to the x2 channel on my naza. Highly doubted that was correct, so I figured I would consult this great forum before I make a mistake. Below are pictures. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 17861

View attachment 17862

Attachments

• photo(13).jpg
    photo(13).jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 623
  • photo(14).jpg
    photo(14).jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 326

Glennyboy

not familiar with this receiver but you need to connect the cable to the sbus port, you currently have it connected to output channel 1 by the looks of it!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
not familiar with this receiver but you need to connect the cable to the sbus port, you currently have it connected to output channel 1 by the looks of it!

In the Naza manual on page 6 it shows the port connections. X2 seems to be the sbus connector. Make sure you have the polarity correct (white or yellow is signal).

haha49

I use every channel but 1 it's 7.

There is a radio and an upgrade were you have 1 servo doing it all and allot less cables. you have to get the manual for the naza and it tells you which ones to plug it into. It's all by numbers. Then you also have to program your remote as well. That depends on your radio.

PCMAerial

I use every channel but 1 it's 7.

There is a radio and an upgrade were you have 1 servo doing it all and allot less cables. you have to get the manual for the naza and it tells you which ones to plug it into. It's all by numbers. Then you also have to program your remote as well. That depends on your radio.

So Do I not have these components? Right now I only have one servo wire from my sbus on receiver to (x2) on the Naza. Do I need to alternate the connection?

FINALLY got the components setup, RX/TX bound together, running naza assistant and I'm getting an error. Doesn't seem like the transmitter is recognized, no connection as I see no movement when I move my sticks around. Wondering if I connected everything right? I have one servo cable coming from Sbus on the receiver, to my x2 port on the naza. My tx/rx says it's bound, my rig beeps and the LED works correctly when LiPo is plugged in. When I click motor test in the software I get an error message. What am I doing wrong here??

(Edit: Sorry for upside down photo, can't seem to fix on this site)

My LED is green and rx is lit up green. Any input?

haha49

So Do I not have these components? Right now I only have one servo wire from my sbus on receiver to (x2) on the Naza. Do I need to alternate the connection?

FINALLY got the components setup, RX/TX bound together, running naza assistant and I'm getting an error. Doesn't seem like the transmitter is recognized, no connection as I see no movement when I move my sticks around. Wondering if I connected everything right? I have one servo cable coming from Sbus on the receiver, to my x2 port on the naza. My tx/rx says it's bound, my rig beeps and the LED works correctly when LiPo is plugged in. When I click motor test in the software I get an error message. What am I doing wrong here??

(Edit: Sorry for upside down photo, can't seem to fix on this site)

My LED is green and rx is lit up green. Any input?

I had to flip some switchs on the radio to make it work I will take a picture.

PCMAerial

I had to flip some switchs on the radio to make it work I will take a picture.

Thanks man!!! Any information helps. My guess is I have SOMETHING wired incorrectly from the Receiver to Naza module?? But I'm not sure. When I plug in my lipo I get the (Red, Green, Yellow, Red, Green, Yellow, Green, Green, Green) Blinking that indicates it's correct. Am I missing something people??

haha49

The naza on mine is the V1 (same thing) For me it's Yellow (warm up or failsafe mode if it blinks slowly) Then Green Red, red (as it locks onto satilights) Then Green, Green, red (almost all) Then Green, Green, Green (max satalight lock) Once you plug it into the computer it blinks differently to say it's pluged in. I just wait till it fast blinks green then I take off in gps mode in altitude mode I just wait till the yellow goes away then take off if I don't use the gps. Then fail safe won't work but for testing do altitude more. You have to enable gps mode in the naza so the blinking could simply be the altitude mode.

e6wsqo.jpg

mw5d1d.jpg

2e4xgzc.jpg

2me2zye.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

haha49

My rx is a FrSky S8R-II Plus

It needed to be set that way to work. Before I was using another rx and it had a green light and would bind out of the box. both were up. Solid Green or solid red (mines red) work fine.

You programed the remote right? You have to calibrate it as well. I just used the computer to program my radio

The blinking is System Start and Self Check. (normal)

here is the manual it should help allot it's a PDF file
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...=cDviSFbIKY3uvCDd_gaT6w&bvm=bv.65397613,d.aWc

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hey haha:

are you running sbus? If not, the setup will be different (namely 7 less servo leads).

PCM: make sure you have the servo lead polarity correct (signal, +, -) on both Naza and receiver. If the assistant is saying "connect to controller" it seems to mean the USB is not connected???

haha49

Hey haha:

are you running sbus? If not, the setup will be different (namely 7 less servo leads).

PCM: make sure you have the servo lead polarity correct (signal, +, -) on both Naza and receiver. If the assistant is saying "connect to controller" it seems to mean the USB is not connected???

I added the Sbus but it was already wired up the old way so I said why mess with what works. I added it for the MiniOSD. I don't even use the Bluetooth (my ipod is to old)

My chopper is a bunch of random wires all over the place. I just jammed it all in :p

I did move things like the video transmitter and radio to see what worked best once I figured that out it was good.

PCMAerial

Hey haha:

Gotcha. It looks correct at the moment with the servo wire. I'm going to reinstall the naza software and see if anything works after that. I'll also try a thread specifically in the Naza section of this site. It seems like I'm so close! Just have to figure out what's keeping it from connecting

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Gotcha. It looks correct at the moment with the servo wire. I'm going to reinstall the naza software and see if anything works after that. I'll also try a thread specifically in the Naza section of this site. It seems like I'm so close! Just have to figure out what's keeping it from connecting

I'm pretty sure that it's not the Tx/RX if it's not connecting with the software. If the radio wasn't reaching the FC, that would be a different issue.

PCMAerial

I'm pretty sure that it's not the Tx/RX if it's not connecting with the software. If the radio wasn't reaching the FC, that would be a different issue.

I re-installed the naza driver and now I'm seeing my controls on the screen in naza assistant. Just can't get the motors to fire up (no props) while trying to run the motor test

haha49

I re-installed the naza driver and now I'm seeing my controls on the screen in naza assistant. Just can't get the motors to fire up (no props) while trying to run the motor test

make sure the esc wire isn't backwards. Do you at least hear a click? sometimes you have to click more the once to get it to spin. Turning the motor a tiny bit can help as well

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Do you have the procedure for arming the motors? Again, don't know naza but most are so e form of both stick down and out, or down and left etc.

Are all the sticks doing what they're supposed to in the assistant? Sometime sticks need to be reversed. So make sure they're all moving in the correct direction.

PCMAerial

make sure the esc wire isn't backwards. Do you at least hear a click? sometimes you have to click more the once to get it to spin. Turning the motor a tiny bit can help as well

No clicks at all. Tried to spin each motor, nothing. I am clicking 1-6 on the assistant under "motor test" and nothing seems to move. When I go to advanced I can see my AETR all working correctly. No motor spin though, working on the combinations I've seen but none yet have started the motors. Does it matter if I'm in atti or failsafe mode?

PCMAerial

Do you have the procedure for arming the motors? Again, don't know naza but most are so e form of both stick down and out, or down and left etc.

Are all the sticks doing what they're supposed to in the assistant? Sometime sticks need to be reversed. So make sure they're all moving in the correct direction.

Trying to get that procedure correct now if that's the trick. I just can't seem to get my stick to make the motor throttle up. I've been following the NAZA manual, and the threads on the X8R here.

Also my sticks monitor in naza shows my x1 moving all over. I'm wondering if it's setup wrong in the controller? Im following the "Basic Instructions" thread on the FrSky and it got me all the way to this point. Nothing seems to arm my motors in Naza though

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Trying to get that procedure correct now if that's the trick. I just can't seem to get my stick to make the motor throttle up. I've been following the NAZA manual, and the threads on the X8R here.

Also my sticks monitor in naza shows my x1 moving all over. I'm wondering if it's setup wrong in the controller? Im following the "Basic Instructions" thread on the FrSky and it got me all the way to this point. Nothing seems to arm my motors in Naza though

this really seems to be a naza thing. Unfortunately I can't help you here. I've never even had an FC with a motor test in the software, let alone a naza :)

Have you you tried to spin up the motors not connected to the software?

youll get it. Sometimes you need to step away for a minute or 60.

PCMAerial

this really seems to be a naza thing. Unfortunately I can't help you here. I've never even had an FC with a motor test in the software, let alone a naza :)

Have you you tried to spin up the motors not connected to the software?

youll get it. Sometimes you need to step away for a minute or 60.

Tried to start the motors without the software and nothing. You're right I'm probably sitting behind this computer too much trying to figure it out. Lol

I'm wondering if I haven't correctly set my left stick as the throttle to start the motor, seems like my switches are working but not my sticks