H3-2D issue

Pura Vida

The tilt on my H3-2D on my P2 stopped working. It was working fine until yesterday after I updated the firmware on the P2. All of the other functions seem to operate fine and my flight controls seem normal. The only issue is the slide lever on the back of the controller no longer operates the tilt of the H3. The only other issue I had was I was not able to connect the controller to the Assistance Software. Is this related? Suggestions? Thanks.

PV

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The tilt on my H3-2D on my P2 stopped working. It was working fine until yesterday after I updated the firmware on the P2. All of the other functions seem to operate fine and my flight controls seem normal. The only issue is the slide lever on the back of the controller no longer operates the tilt of the H3. The only other issue I had was I was not able to connect the controller to the Assistance Software. Is this related? Suggestions? Thanks.

PV

Is the gimbal not working at all - or it moves but just doesn't go where you want it to? I have been having the issue where the slide lever moves the gimbal to a seemingly random place. It changes based on how fast I move the level - but regardless, it's never where I want it.

have you updated the firmware recently???

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
ditto, have you checked for an H3-2D firmware update?

Bart,

I have been wrestling with this H3-2D control from the transmitter since it arrived. I read that the newest [gimbal] update could cause issues, so I opted not to install it. I have updated the GUI software, and the Tx software - stopping just shy of the latest that imposes the flight limitations. Figured I'd wait to see how people liked it before I jumped in :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Bart,

I have been wrestling with this H3-2D control from the transmitter since it arrived. I read that the newest [gimbal] update could cause issues, so I opted not to install it. I have updated the GUI software, and the Tx software - stopping just shy of the latest that imposes the flight limitations. Figured I'd wait to see how people liked it before I jumped in :)

I'm not up to date on latest revisions as my NAZA and H3-2D units are working well enough to leave them as is.

What limitations? The no-fly zones?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm not up to date on latest revisions as my NAZA and H3-2D units are working well enough to leave them as is.

What limitations? The no-fly zones?

Yep. I don't mind the safety feature - but I wanted to make sure I could get some flying in for the review before I imposed some type of issue with an update.

John

I like my H3-2d, but it stopped working after the second use. After checking the unit I found out the 8 wire cable to the H3-2D had failed. Replaced the cable and it works fine again. So it's something else to look at if it fails on you!

Pura Vida

The gimbel seems to work perfectly, except I don't have any tilt function for the camera. It is "stuck" (not physically, just electronically) pointed straight out.

PV

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry, I meant to say AFTER doing the assistant lever calibration. Mine will work for a second immediately after doing the assistant setup for the rear lever that operates the gimbal pitch. But that goes away quickly - but there is some movement that seems to be TRYING to do the right thing :).

So I think it's a Tx control issue for me. Do you have another Tx you can try? Futaba maybe?

Sorry, haven't been able to respond for a couple days.

In which GUI? The DJI assistant GUI? I guess I didn't see where that was an option anyplace? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Cory

SamaraMedia

Calibrate the X1 channel in RC Assistant then again in Assistant. That should fix the issue.

Ed,

What if you're using a Futaba T8FG for your tx instead of the standard control? I just updated all my firmware to the latest version last night and I still have no "Gain" control of the tilt speed. It moves way too fast for a useful motion and if you do go real slow with using the slider or knob control on the tx it is very "steppy" due to the control pot detents. It seems like this has been an issue for a while because when I first purchased the P2 everything seemed to work pretty good but after one of the upgrades the speed control of the tilt has never been the same, very frustrated. Just found a thread about how to adjust my tx in Prog. Mix but it seems to be an awful lot of work for something that should be working from the Assistant software. Does this feature only work with the original tx?

John

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Ed,

What if you're using a Futaba T8FG for your tx instead of the standard control? I just updated all my firmware to the latest version last night and I still have no "Gain" control of the tilt speed. It moves way too fast for a useful motion and if you do go real slow with using the slider or knob control on the tx it is very "steppy" due to the control pot detents. It seems like this has been an issue for a while because when I first purchased the P2 everything seemed to work pretty good but after one of the upgrades the speed control of the tilt has never been the same, very frustrated. Just found a thread about how to adjust my tx in Prog. Mix but it seems to be an awful lot of work for something that should be working from the Assistant software. Does this feature only work with the original tx?

John

I haven't tried it yet with a futaba - but I can definitely say it's NOT working for me with the original Tx. I may try the upgrades, and then go from there. I also shld bind to the futaba - but I have wanted to first test (and hopefully get it working) the stock Tx for the review here on MRF.

Have any of the updates caused you issues? I have been hesitant....

SamaraMedia

I haven't noticed many problems with the upgrades but I'm in so deep now that I'm not sure what are improvements and what's not. I can so for sure that the tilt speen control is my biggest issue. I swear that before this upgrade when I switch the P2 Assistant software over to the NAZA control there wasn't any gimbal control tab but DJI seems to move some of their functions to different places on upgrades to keep us on our toes.

The "slow motion" pdf I found doesn't seem to work for me either so it is back to square one, again.

John

Tahoe Ed

You need to calibrate the X1 channel, i.e., tilt in both the RC Assistant and then in the Phantom Assistant. That will fix your problem.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You need to calibrate the X1 channel, i.e., tilt in both the RC Assistant and then in the Phantom Assistant. That will fix your problem.

TahoeEd:

I have definitely done both - at this point I can't recall the order. Is that something that might effect it???

SamaraMedia

I'll try that over the weekend. So I can use the RC Assistant with my T8FG? I thought that was only for the original TX control? Not sure if my Futaba has a USB port to plug into, sorry but not at home to check all the necessary info from the DJI site, looked at it this morning and dismissed the RC Assistant part.

Thanks

Pura Vida

I having an issue getting the Tx to connect to Assistant. The P2 connects every time without issue, but the software never sees the Tx. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks as always.

PV