Very First Build! (Comments/Critique/Insight)

PCMAerial

If it will reach the 2 pads (+ & -), you're all set. Did you tin them? Can't tell from the pic.

Haven't tinned them yet as I didn't move forward until I made sure I wasn't doing this all wrong. Lol. Tinning these now and snipped the ends as you recommended. Also spoke with the company I purchased from and they say these are the new DJI ESC's and the mesh is correct as my "negative" wire. Good thing you know what your talking about Scott!!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Haven't tinned them yet as I didn't move forward until I made sure I wasn't doing this all wrong. Lol. Tinning these now and snipped the ends as you recommended. Also spoke with the company I purchased from and they say these are the new DJI ESC's and the mesh is correct as my "negative" wire. Good thing you know what your talking about Scott!!

i try to guess with as high a hit ratio as possible :)

if your PDB has a lot of crap stuffed in there - you can always put a dab of liquid electrical tape over the pads. It can get messy , so a little dab'll do ya. It will cover those exposed wires.

Not it loving the new DJI ESC design...

PCMAerial

i try to guess with as high a hit ratio as possible :)

if your PDB has a lot of crap stuffed in there - you can always put a dab of liquid electrical tape over the pads. It can get messy , so a little dab'll do ya. It will cover those exposed wires.

Not it loving the new DJI ESC design...

Got some electrical tape ready now to get this organized.

I got them all stripped, heat wrapped, and soldered. How is this looking here:

View attachment 17820

View attachment 17821

View attachment 17822

View attachment 17823

A few of the ESC's still seem to far out. But that was my first attempt at soldering everything but the battery lead. Still waiting on my XT-60's to come in the mail (tomorrow hopefully)

Any opinions?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 167
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 538
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 332
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 160

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Well, it ain't pretty :).

But it looks pretty good for never having soldered before.

Did you watch Bart's video? Make sure you are getting as much as the exposed wire on the pad as possible? Don't just dip the end onto the pad. Maybe you have this already - hard to tell long-distance.

You want to make sure you're heating the pad (and therefore the solder) and not "painting the wire with solder from on top. Make sense?

My pull probably want to grab some zip ties instead of electrical tape. The tape will get messy and the zip toes will hold things secure to add some stress relief.

Keep up the good work!