DJI Naza M-lite set up

Punisher

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to this So bear with me... lol
Ok I just bought a F450 DJI and also the Naza M-lite GPS flight contol
I got it all put together and powered it up and bind my RX to the TX and everything went good (I think)
Now when I'm getting ready to connect to the computer but it wont connect to the PC like the PC is not reading it..
So when I plug the battery in the LED blinks green then red and stays red til I connect to the PC the LED turns light green..
but the PC not picking it up... am I missing something before I hook it up to the PC?

Any help or walk through would be a GREAT help, Thanks...

Punisher

The set I have:

DJI 450 frame
naza m-lite gps
my RX is the spektrum ar8000
my radio is the spektrum DX7

Last edited by a moderator:

Punisher

I have the driver set up on my computer but the dji not reading the PC i guess... This is what it's doing...

I turn on the TX ,
then I plug in the battery to the multi-rotor ,
the LED light starts flashing from (red, green, and yellow) in that order 3xs
then it flash 3 green and a pause and yellow blinks rapidly...

I read the manual and it's saying rapid yellow is TX signal but I bind the RX how can that be?

But I go on ahead and plug in the USB to it and the PC and the rapid yellow stops blinking and goes to a light green and nothing happen to it or the computer... like the computer didnt even pick it up on the USB port... I know the USB work on my computer as i use it for all my camera gears..

Punisher

Attachments

• 20140419_094049.jpg
    20140419_094049.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 465
  • 20140419_093922.jpg
    20140419_093922.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 486
  • 20140419_094019.jpg
    20140419_094019.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 447

Tahoe Ed

Can you go into device manager and see the DJI unit? If not then your drivers are not installed correctly.

bensid54

Check your throttle stick make sure it' all the way down. You may have to reverse the throttle setting if the blinking continues. Also when you plug everything in like you said wait at least a minute for the Naza to connect to your computer. Did you click on skip of the Naza assist before hooking everything up? I always get the Naza assist up on the screen before I do anything else.

Punisher

Ok I got it figured out... I guess the driver I had must have been old or something but I reinstalled the newer driver and everything works great... so I got it all set up and then took it out for the first flight and WOW.... runs smooth like a feather...
so far I got to hover it and brought it up to about 100 ft and back down so everything seems to going good but I haven't tried doing the fail safe and return to home setting yet so what i want to do is figure how to get the fail safe menu up on my transmitter.. but that"s another day (tomorrow) lol... Thanks again for all your input!!!

I'll keep this updated on how it all goes... fly safe all..

Punisher

Morning people and Happy Easter..
I went ahead and got the gain setup set on the TX and seems to run really smooth and the gps lock and alt lock works great but still haven't tried the RTH yet but will be doing that later today in a bigger field so I'll let ya'll know about later tonight... I'll have the first video up in a few...

Punisher

Sorry guys been so long... work been keeping me going... ill see what I can do to fix that video, never put anything on youtube before but ill see to it... but I do have one issue..
I'm trying to set up the failsafe on my Specktrum DX7s but when I turn off the TX it goes to manual... does anyone have a Naza M-lite GPS mutirote setup with the specktrum DX7s? if so please help me get this figured out... I've already did the failsafe bind but when I turn off the radio the naza software went from gps to manual and the throttle when to 55% which where I set the failsafe on the radio when I binded it... so where do I go from there?

bensid54

I don't know if this will help but on the autopilot screen for the Naza lite do you have the come home and land circle checked? Also on the TX monitor screen does it go to failsafe between GPS and Attitude mode when you shut off the radio?

cootertwo

I have not set mine up. yet. But if I understand it, I think you're messing with 2 different fail-safes. One is Spektrum, and the other is Naza. The Spektrum one will remember where you set the sticks when you set it up, (like the 55% throttle), and where ever you had the elevator and aileron and rudder. The other is all on the Naza, return to home, or land where it is. I have no idea how the two will get along with each other. Of course this is the opinion of a, too soon to be, 65 year old, that just got up from a nap, so take it for what it's worth! Ha!

bensid54

If you set up the Naza it will take over once the radio signal is shutoff, so Sketrum or otherwise it should work if your RX has a failsafe function and it sounds like it does.

Punisher

Ok got it figured out.... I looked this article up and it solved the problem... it's a pain in the *** but I got it and for those of you who do have the Spektrum DX7s and the naza M-lite here's the article...

[h=2]Setting up your Spektrum DX7s, DX8 etc... & AR8000 failsafe for DJI NAZA[/h] by xFly HQ Films
The whole failsafe thing can be a little frustrating to setup correctly on a Naza. This isn't the naza's fault, more the transmitter & receiver.

Once you've done it the first time its actually easy to do.

Some background info

1. The actual failsafe functionality resides in the receiver.
It has the ability to fall back on a specific channel setting when TX signal is lost.

2. You cannot setup a TX signal loss failsafe without having a receiver that supports failsafe.

3. Because the failsafe on the Naza works on the same channel as the control mode switch.
We cannot set the failsafe to activate with a standard defined switch position.
It needs to be set on the same channel as the control mode switch but in between one of the modes. (GPS-ATTI-MAN)
The problem is the TX only had a 3 position switch. So how do you set it in between?

Step by step guide

SET FAILSAFE FOR ATTI MODE (this is just a test of the failsafe to make sure it works, we will change a few things after we happy that it actually works)

1. TURN EVERYTHING OFF

2. Turn on the DX7s and make sure you have the correct model selected. And remember what switch positions define each mode. Eg. DOWN=GPS MID=ATTI UP=MAN

3. Turn off the DX7s

4. Insert the bind plug into the correct port on the receiver (make 100% sure it says BIND on the port)

5. Plug in the copter/receiver. The receiver LED will start flashing. This indicates its looking for something to bind to.

6. NOW REMOVE THE BIND PLUG BEFORE TURNING ON THE TRANSMITTER! LED will continue to flash.

6. Make sure your transmitter is OFF.

7. Set your control mode switch on your transmitter to ATTI mode [middle sw pos] (the transmitter must be off! This is the most important step!!!

8. Now hold down the trainer button while powering on the transmitter. Hold the button until it says its binding and displays DSMX.
Then release the trainer/bind button.

9. Once binding is complete the transmitter will reboot and go into normal flight mode. The LED on the receiver will now be solid.

10. Preset Failsafe binding is now complete.

TEST TO SEE IF FAILSAFE IS WORKING

1. Turn the transmitter on (if its off)

2. Plug in the copter and wait for it to initialize

3. Plug the copter into the PC and start the assistant.

4. Make sure the copter has successfully connected to the PC.

5. Go to TX Cali tab and make sure when you flick the control mode switch, it moves from GPS to ATTI to MAN.

6. Select GPS mode (GPS block is BLUE)

7. Now switch off your transmitter.

8. If you've done everything correctly it should change from GPS to ATTI mode.

9. If it doesn't, you've done something wrong or missed something. Start from the beginning

10. If it does, continue with below instructions.

SET FAILSAFE FOR TX SIGNAL LOSS

1. Turn everything on and get everything connected to the PC.

2. Make sure the control mode switch is working.

3. On the transmitter, go into the function list (click the wheel down)

4. Go to Servo Setup.

5. Flick your control mode switch and check to see which channel its on. GER, PIT, AX2 or AX3.

6. While watching the control mode switch position on the naza assistant,
Remember the two percentages of travel for the CMS channel (we will be changing it back to this when we are done)
Now change the travel on the control mode channel servo travel until the tab moves away from either GPS or MAN. Move it to failsafe.

7. Once failsafe lights up blue, exit the assistant, unplug the copter from the pc, turn the copter off and then the transmitter.

8. DO NOT CHANGE ANY SWITCH POSITIONS AFTER STEP 6!

9. Make sure everything is turned off.

10. Insert the bind plug into the bind port on the receiver

11. Plug in the copter/receiver. The receiver LED will start flashing. This indicates its looking for something to bind to.

12. NOW REMOVE THE BIND PLUG BEFORE TURNING ON THE TRANSMITTER! LED will continue to flash.

13. Make sure your transmitter is OFF.

14. Now hold down the trainer button while powering on the transmitter. Hold the button until it says its binding and displays DSMX.
Then release the trainer/bind button.

15. Once binding is complete the transmitter will reboot and go into normal flight mode. The LED on the receiver will now be solid.

16. Preset Failsafe binding is now complete.

FIX THE SERVO TRAVEL & TEST THE FAILSAFE

1. On the transmitter, go to Function List, then Servo setup then change the channel travel percentages back to what they were before.

2. Plug everything into the PC and check to see if the channel performs correctly. Must be able to select GPS, ATTI and MAN.

3. While watching the channel position, turn off your transmitter. It should light up the failsafe on the Naza assistant bar.

4. If it doesn't, start with step 1 of SET FAILSAFE FOR TX SIGNAL LOSS.

5. If it does you are good to go. Congratulations!

Happy Flying! We Hope this helps all using the DX7s.Dx8 with AR8000!

-XFLY HQ