What do I need to get 47 fps?

Cra-Z-1

So being a little new to the scene of AP, I'm trying to get my fps around 47 or so, once I've edited my film. Why can't I seem to find a movie editor that can do that? Everywhere I look, I seem to only see 25 fps @ 1080p. How can I get the quality I'm looking for? The thing I can't stand about lower fps, is that when flying in low, everything starts to look blotchy. I don't seem to see too many people talking about this kind of stuff where I have looked. What am I not seeing?

I"m just shooting using a Hero 3+ in 1080p at 47 fps.

Stacky

So being a little new to the scene of AP, I'm trying to get my fps around 47 or so, once I've edited my film. Why can't I seem to find a movie editor that can do that? Everywhere I look, I seem to only see 25 fps @ 1080p. How can I get the quality I'm looking for? The thing I can't stand about lower fps, is that when flying in low, everything starts to look blotchy. I don't seem to see too many people talking about this kind of stuff where I have looked. What am I not seeing?

I use FCP X and it gives the different frame rates as options. Something I often do is shoot at 50fps, import it in to a project with the project set to 25fps and then retime the footage so it adjusts back to its correct speed and this helps give a smoother look to the footage.

Stacky

Have you used the GoPro software?. GoPro Studio lets you edit and adjust to your hearts content. Its also free.

Cra-Z-1

Something I often do is shoot at 50fps, import it in to a project with the project set to 25fps and then retime the footage so it adjusts back to its correct speed and this helps give a smoother look to the footage.

I did try the GoPro software out a bit the other day. Maybe I need to look into it some more, if there are options for the frame rates. I've been using Pinnacle and Power Director, but I don't see how to keep my fps.

How do you go about "retiming" like your saying? Maybe thats an option for me?

Thanks for the reply.

haha49

I use corel video Studio X6 ultimate (the filters you want) Just set custom and you can set all the settings you want

dazzab

I've been using Pinnacle and Power Director, but I don't see how to keep my fps.
It's been some time since I used Power Director but it certainly can do what you are looking for as I remember doing exactly what was described on quite a few videos. I'm sure if you search their forums you will find a tutorial or HowTo about it.