Hoverfly HFP spontaneously reset all its setting.

yeehaanow

Has anyone had this happen? I did a few flights, all normal, then after switching batteries, my HFP would arm fine, but when I pushed up the throttle, the motors only made some whining noise, and didn't start.
Nothing I did onsite fixed it.
When I plugged it in to the setup utility, the configuration window was blank and I had lost all settings and calibrations.

The only thing different about that boot-up was that my transmitter was not fully up because of the throttle hold condition. I wouldn't think that mattered??
It still shows the number of flights and hours though.

Aerovideo

I see you mentioned the throttle hold. I recall some arming problems way back in the day with my Hoverfly boards because my throttle hold was on, weird stuff. Never recall it erasing settings though, yikes!

mspencer1

Join the club. I've been flying with Hoverfly since their inception. I've had the same issues. The settings would disappear. I don't know what causes it but it does happen.

yeehaanow

At least it happened on the ground!
Maybe I will try to replicate the results with the same boot up procedure as what made it 'forget'.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i've had boards dump settings but it was usually on boards that had other problems. do the usual stuff (power cycle, try resetting the stuff the dropped out, etc.) but you may also need to reinstall the firmware to make sure it's all there and not corrupted somehow. Worst case would be to do a wipe of the board and then reinstall the firmware again. Write down the hours on the board though if you want to keep track as a wipe will reset the timer.

Bart

yeehaanow

That's a good idea Bart, I think I will reinstall and reset it and put it on the "testbed rotation", otherwise known as my cheap quad that I don't mind so much if it crashes. I usually test out flight controllers on there first before bringing them to the mega octo.
Although, I'm having very good success with a new FC.