Sons of Guns

kloner

Aerial DP
Did any of you see this episode? if you saw it, you know what i'm asking about.... links to any of it?

christ, i'm gonna have a stroke

kloner

Aerial DP
Joe prototypes a flying drone, to fire remotely.

not sure if this link works or not, i'm scared to look....

http://www.mopvideo.com/sons-of-guns-s5e1/

janoots2

Yeah, I recorded Game of Stones and it recorded the first 15 minutes of SOG's so didn't see the end result, but the preview showed it flying and shooting. Unbelievable.....
I can't believe Discovery exposed themselves like that, especially since most of their shows contain multirotor shots.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
an s800 with a sub-machine gun looking thing using a gopro and wireless video to sight the shots. the guys doing the helicopter and the guys in the shop seemed a bit star struck by the whole drone thing but they were talking about mass production near the end.....i almost wished i hadn't seen it but i did. was surprised it wasn't mentioned here almost immediately!

kloner

Aerial DP
dam, that really sucks...... We all spend enough time explaining ourselves about how were not a war machine, that's the predators, now this..... garuntee you this is going to come up in future faa talks, another gigantic hurdle.....

kloner

Aerial DP
that one is fake,,,, the sons of guns one is real.....

i wanna see it, but i don't wanna see it.....

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Fooled me.

Kloner, I was all set to argue with you. I went back and looked closely. What I saw cut down Ruger 10.22 with a full auto sear:
View attachment 16940

A quad that recoiled appropriately for airborne firing:
View attachment 16941

And a bullet path that looked correct.
View attachment 16943
The Tannerite in the target was hit high (white explosion) and the ground strike behind is low.

What convinced me it was fake was watching another video from the same source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ8Ndkg8urw

Shrapnel and the door from the exploding truck goes blowing by that close, and he doesn't have any nicks? Splatter from a .45 Colt shooting steel knock-downs bleeds unprotected skin.

What about this video made you spot it as fake? Or did you know it was CGI in advance?

Attachments

• 22 auto.jpg
    22 auto.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 284
  • recoil.jpg
    recoil.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 295
  • bullet path.jpg
    bullet path.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 170

kloner

Aerial DP
it's been out for a while, it was the stuff from that video game,,,,, forget the name..... knew it was fake from the threads back then....