Battery questions for my new Flamewheel

kloner

Aerial DP
that can happen from over discharging them, having a motor bearing going out, prop out of balance, etc. They only get hot when there over discharged or have the remnants of a degraded internal resistance that makes them last alot less time in the sky than they used to which just keeps compounding and accelerating the process..... There is alot to know about using hobby grade lipos in rc models, this aint your iphone, aint your daddys ni/cd.... etc.

pseudo121

I just built a DJI 550 and would be interested in your kit Kloner... let me know..

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
when you add that gopro, you want the bigger props, 4s packs..... 3s should only be considered flying a bare frame...

Tahoe Ed

F550, 9443 props, 2x4000ma 4S, H3-2D, Go Pro, AeroXcraft landing gear, A2 and Lightbridge. 2870g. I am using the E300 motors and props but not the escs. I am currently missing 2. It is a pig. But it flies ok.

kloner

Aerial DP
if you could get 2814's on there, shed be a dream again, all floaty and not care about wind..... is there an e550 set? is it based like i'm thinking or totaly different? you want a set of my arms to try Ed? no charge....

pseudo121

i am at 1773 grams right now... where can i get a "BEC"? and do they use the balance connectors to batteries? my gimbal uses the balance concoctor of a 3 s battery to power up

GimpyGeek

I'm going to have the same issue when I get the 4s batteries. My gimbal will not take a 4s (Senrigan from Alware only takes 3s) so I will need to add a BEC correct?

By the way, I bought some nice carbon fiber props from Innov8tive Designs (very close to me) and put her in the air for the first time. I'm not going to count the first time I fired it up and it threw props at me... This is when I learned that the props I got from Hong Kong were apparently made out of peanut brittle. I read about not over-tightening them, so I got them finger tight and just snugged them up with a small wrench, no torque just snug. 4 of the stupid things cracked at the hub. These new props are much sturdier. I had a friend who was dying to help out on my project, so I asked him to install the props (my bad I didn't double check them). We got about 20 seconds of flight time before a prop shot off (still can't find the thing). When I checked the other props, only two of them were still on tight, the rest were all loose. Found the prop nut, searched everywhere for the prop. Maybe you could take a look outside and let me know if it landed in your yard?
Here's the props I got (they were backordered on the 9")
http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/parts/propellers/gemfan-10x4-5-prop-black-dji-filled
GG

Mojave

Kloner. What is the osd?

on screen display - OSD. Sorry to jump in Kloner but this was me a short while ago!

Take a look here: http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...Heli-abbreviations-acronyms-secret-codes-etc-!

This acronym key was started at about the time I joined the forum.

I have a stock F550 with Naza M v2 and the DJI H3-D2 gopro gimbal, a BEC to run the unit and a FPV transmitter. I also have the AeroXcraft landing gear with the rails. I use 2 - 4S 6000 mAh batteries that I load on the unit with 10 inch DJI props that I take pains to balance. The batteries were a suggestion of AMP staff and I can get up to 19 minutes but typically get about 15 to 12 minutes depending on the mission. I am careful not to discharge much below 3.7 volts. That gear is HEAVY; but it is a sweet spot for the gimbal and makes balancing the unit easy.

The weight of it all excluding the batteries is 1.82kg the batteries are 1.12kg.

kloner

Aerial DP
i had you and another thread confused.... most people that need a bec and want a low noise one that works well, we get something called "buck converter" on amazon or ebay. You gotta solder em in, gotta get some heat shrink over them, but they work great

search it

pseudo121

So after doing some reading and research. My gimbal will run off a 4s batt. So now
I need to search for a adapter that is 4s balance connector female to a 3s balance connector male. Or make one.

Phil550

Just for reference, my F550 with AUW of 2.4kg flies on 4S 5000mAh cells. I run 9x5 Graupners and it flies beautifully.

I'm going to change my F550 (also 2.4kg) from 3S to 4S - can you tell me what your gains are set to?

Thanks

Phil

pseudo121

Not flying fpv yet. So don't have that equipment on board

So I flew the 550 with a 4s battery today. Gimbal was not hooked up because I still need to make an adapter for the 4s to 3s balance connector.
But the hexo flew really good. Was happy.

but motors were warm at end of flight. Running the stock 10 inch props. Is this normal?

kloner

Aerial DP
Because we live in FIRE country, to belong to any club requires taking the AMA lipo certification...... part of that test is to learn lipos and how to know if your under gunned, taken care of or spent too much.... in the course we are taught to calculate c times mah = continuous amp handling. If you guys are relabling in weird numbers and changing the entire way these are used safely you guys need to tell the people what your calculating and why c doesn't matter anymore because ama, college courses, anything to do with uav is being taught this..

for instance, 25c 10,000 mah any cell count would be 250 amps continuous amp handling..... 50c 2200mah is 110 amp contiuos handling..... it's basic math we've all been taught and would be next to impossible to "ignore"