12C Sensor What is it ?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Very new at this. I am getting a 12C Sensor not connected thanks for any help

can you provide some additional details? looking at the tags you put on the original post are you talking about an Alexmos gimbal board?

kloner

Aerial DP
this is an alexmos error......

that means your imu sensor board either is not hooked up or is dead, could be a bad wire, if it works by wiggling it, you might try to solder the wires straight to the imu..... some brand alexmos boards require you to check (i2c pullups enable) on the Advanced tab in simple bgc to work,,,,

tstrike

pendejo grande
Does the Alexmos board and the martinez board use the same sensor? I got a whiff of magic smoke out of a 3 axis alexm board the other day and now I'm getting 12c sensor not connected errors. I've got a couple of sensor's from some martinez boards and am wondering if I could use one of them to see if I didn't fry the whole enchilada.

kloner

Aerial DP
there is 3.3v and 5v imu's.....i'd stick to the same brand if you need to replace em. there less than $20

look at the voltage on the red and black wire/rails to see if the voltage left you

tstrike

pendejo grande
I have another complete board on order, won't be here till end of the week. Had everything working alright save for a little tuning, then I decided to try the factory cable for the third axis board (I made my own shorter cable that worked), got it all plugged in, turned on the power and I swear I saw a hint of smoke and smelled that smell, then nothing. No lights on the third axis, 12c errors, cats and dogs living together etc.
The gui recognizes the board but won't do anything. This blows, I've got a huge shoot on wednesday and the client is expecting this rig for his shoot! (not really, just thought I would add the typical drama lama urgency a lot of guys do).

kloner

Aerial DP
get ahold of U at gothelirc and have him send you a set next day air... get the viacopter brand if all possible

that's the kind of moves we gotta do to stay pro... never know what you need or when your gonna need it but you gotta get it to yourself... at that point $50-$60 shipping seems cheap

tstrike

pendejo grande
This board's from U, dude gets me my stuff 2 days tops from the time I order with standard ship, sometimes literally the next day if I order early enough. I'm in no hurry, hopefully I only cooked the sensor and the 3rd axis board (which I was considering ditching anyway).

Isee Now

Alexmos gimbal board help

can you provide some additional details? looking at the tags you put on the original post are you talking about an Alexmos gimbal board?
yes board 1.0 firmware 2.2b2 Its tell me TURN OFF power and check 12C sensor connection. And I have no idea what that is Thank you for any help my board on the back has printing of BGC-S V:A if that's any help

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Does the little LED on the IMU board light up when powered? If not, there is no power reaching the IMU.
I thought my IMU sensor board had burnt out but I had attempted to use the small hole in the IMU to mount it.
The screw damaged the electrical trace and I had to order a replacement.... worked so much better after that.

yes board 1.0 firmware 2.2b2 Its tell me TURN OFF power and check 12C sensor connection. And I have no idea what that is Thank you for any help my board on the back has printing of BGC-S V:A if that's any help