Flying Inside Warehouse?

gmahan3

Just curious if anybody has had good bad or otherwise experiences inside a warehouse. Didn't know if all the metal could wreak havoc on the RF signals. Obviously you lose the ability to fly with GPS but for what I am planning attitude mode would be ample. My biggest concern would be crazy signals being thrown around due to the amount of metal.

kloner

Aerial DP
I fly them quite a bit, but never all metal. There usually concrete tilt ups.... watch for those drop ceiling metal things they mount if you go near the office.... there hard to see, scout everything your gonna fly really well and stay close so you can see the challenges. lights hang from chains....

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have a large metal warehouse and have flown countless hours with no issues. HOWEVER, I do not use GPS. When I flew my DJI stuff it did scare the hell out of me since I dont trust them. But nothing ever happened. But with my Hoverfly gear there was never any issues. Also worth noting that there are a few other metal buildings in our lot and when I fly in between the in GPS mode it definitely is not happy. I can have the same settings and go out to an open field and the thing will sit in one place, where at my shop outside it will do huge toilet bowls. So clearly there is some interference going on, but only in GPS from my personal experience.