AV 200 Tutorial

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
His method of setting compensation is incorrect, it is not to set servo speed, it is used to make sure the platform is level to the horizon at higher angles of movement, I describe the proper procedure for setting compensation here... http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...unt-recommedations&p=8668&viewfull=1#post8668

If you just throw a random number in there to slow down or speed up the motion of the platform without actually checking for level at the extremes of travel there is a very high probability that the camera will be tilted in relation to the horizon when the MK is tilted in flight, this is one of the biggest mistakes people make in setting up a mount and the cause of a lot of problems with the resulting video. Works fine if you don't ever fly in windy conditions and keep the Mk as close to level as possible, but for the majority of pilots that isn't going to be the case. You can test it out for yourself, turn on the MK, initialize the gyros, then prop up one side of the landing gear and make changes to the roll compensation, you'll see the level of the platform change as you do.

Ken

baker55

maybe when you get a chance you could do a correct video for those of us that need to see things in picture form. Shaun

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I just got back from flying my ADXe3 in the windiest conditions I have ever flown it.. 12mph gusting 15.. I set my mount up this morning as Ken described in his post. I have the video to prove it works. I will post it asap. I had an issue in strong wind with the mount off level when she was fighting with the wind.. from my new video set up as ken describes it perfect!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay i am convinced, gonna try the same ! :) by the way dave it hase arrived thanks !

Boris

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Which method Boris?

Glad the stuff arrived

Dave

I would also be interested in which PH AV200 instructions he is referring to in the video! Maybe I need to go check out the site for new updates..

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
kens method just starting with the servo testing. Japp the manual in the vid he is referring to is also a mystery to me ! :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hey Droider can you post also a photo of your machine as well hopefully.

Michael64

There are a load more in my album.. Video is uploading. go thedroiders channel on youtube it will be there in about an hour..

attachment.php

Michael64

Droider
Thanks for pics what is the distance motor to motor the Driodworx V2 and are those the Axi motors with which props and last you running 3S or 4S and which size. Iam currently flying Y-6 as well with a DYI frame and Avertical View mount which I am not sure about the mount seems far to rigid to me. Look forward to seeing the video.

Michael64

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm for me it didn't really work still different every time, better to one roll side than to the other.

Adjusted poti manually to mid position.
Brought servos to neutral postion with a servos tester.
put the belt on servos poti back to big tooth arch wheel.
Tried the fine tuning in the MK tools.
More or less work with the water leveler, brought it to the mirrow and nada.

id love to have a new one in hands to test it out if i really have a mechanical problem i just really don't want to invest anymore time or cash in the PH, and buying a 130 for my new build i dont know ?

Vid

http://sprealinvest.at/kens/kens.html

Boris

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
dave what cam did you use heavy one or gopro or alike ?

I flew with my maximum flying weight Sony Nex5

id love to have a new one in hands to test it out if i really have a mechanical problem

I still have that spares kit

The video you took looks pretty close to me.. I dont thik the mount can be blamed. Thats like saying 'My car drove itself in to the wall"!
PICNIC = problem in computer not in cameramount! ;-)

I think the MK FCis the limiting factor in accuracy.. after all the camera mount can only go where it is told to.

Dvae