an unusual configuration for an X8

Kevinbx

Dear all. im a bit new in this business but i managed to build some experience in the past 2 years. right now i am truing to build a new X8 with the following configuration CWS frame with 900MM motor to motor DJI flight controller 8x 40amp Turnigy Plush ESC 8x T-motor 3508-16 kv700 untill here everything is pretty ok and regular, this configuration always ran on 4s batteries with 12x5.5 CF propellers. the trick i want to apply and im not sure if it will work i want to reduce the battery power to 3s packs and step up the propellers to 15x5.5 or even 16x5.5 the Ecalc website shows a stable result when i ran the numbers. but i thought before i embark on such an adventure i must ask for advice. now comes the second question is about T-motor 4014 400kv, the same site Ecalc.ch shows that this motor cant handle a combination of 6S and 17x5.5 without getting too hot. the T-motor website says it can handle it http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/Navigator_0910/40.html hopefully someone have some idea and can shed some light on that issue. Thanks alot in advance for this help.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
The motor table is based on 6S batteries. So unless you’re planning to run two 3S batteries in series, there’s no way a 3S LiPo will spin a 16” prop. At least not in any of the physics models I understand.

Kevinbx

As you can see the in the 700 kv version the table show it can handle a 13 inch on 3s my question is would it be possible to put bigger props