Carvec Brushless Controller with Cinestar 3-axis gimbal

ovdt

Hello everybody,

I'm moving from Alexmos to Carvec G-Lock brushless controllers. This is my introduction video:

I will upload the raw footage in a few days with 5D Mark III. I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding with Cinestar style gimbal and G-Lock brushless controller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice one OVDT

Ill post up a wiring diagram soon. Are you going to show the tuning mode in your next video?

Dave

from rainy windy Southport

ovdt

Thanks Dave,

I'll post the software screen but first I want to shoot with it and post the RAW footage here.

gerardop

Nice setup. i am wondering about the wire to the radain (excuse G-Lock). You did not use a slipring for that? I know the pitch axes won't be rotating like you do in the video but will it hold or did you use some sort of protection for that wire. it is a clean setup though and i would like to see the wiring setup. Thanx

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice setup. i am wondering about the wire to the radain (excuse G-Lock). You did not use a slipring for that? I know the pitch axes won't be rotating like you do in the video but will it hold or did you use some sort of protection for that wire. it is a clean setup though and i would like to see the wiring setup. Thanx

I just need to amend it a tad so it uses a voltage regulator rather than the BEC I am using.. but this is how I have done it with a BEC.

Dave

Maverick

I just need to amend it a tad so it uses a voltage regulator rather than the BEC I am using.. but this is how I have done it with a BEC.

Dave

What is the difference between using a voltage regulator and a BEC...? If they both can output the required voltage, and can handle the required Amps, are they not the same...?

Ronan.

gerardop

Hello everybody,

I'm moving from Alexmos to Carvec G-Lock brushless controllers. This is my introduction video:

I will upload the raw footage in a few days with 5D Mark III. I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding with Cinestar style gimbal and G-Lock brushless controller.

Nice setup but i was wondering if you use a slipring for the connection to the G-Lock or just pull the wiring through the hollow shatft.
thanx

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I aint no expert..ill post pics of what JC sent me to use rather than the BEC and a suggestion to my wiring schema so its plain and simple for everyone to understand.

dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Chuck

go check out www.carvec.co.uk

The G-Lock is a firmware upgrade for Radian's

Carvec is the company who supply it. John Cunningham id the guy who wrote the firmware upgrade and the new assistant software. If you google him you will see what a guru he is

dave

jfro

Aerial Fun
Where do you get the G-Lock and how much is it?

I checked into it a few months back. Don't remember the exact answer, but I think a used radian, Carvec software upgrade, and 2 bld controllers to run 3 axis (each bld controls 2 brushless motors), there might have been another small part or two, was going to run close to $1,000. Add that to a $400-$650 gimbal for mid size cameras, and your at $1400 plus.

Disclaimer, that's from memory and I haven't really been able to find anything lately.

I'm watching and waiting because it's out of my price range unless it's so friggin perfect and also easy to change camera's that I couldn't afford not to have it.

I remember thinking a year ago about getting a Cinestar for mucho $$ and now they seem to be taking a backseat to the brushless gimbals.

There is a new Alexmos controller coming out soon so I'm sort of also waiting to see if there is some improvement there.