Setting up 2 transmitters for AP work

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Forgive my ignorance guys, but I am very interested in setting up 2 transmitters, the main one for flying and controlling camera tilt and shutter, and the second for just controlling tilt and shutter, for a buddy.

Does anyone care to briefly explain how this is done?

Thanks. Gunter.

Z06 Tony

Never done it but just bought 2 DX8's to try this. But only have the camera controlled by the 2nd operator not both. was gonna use 2 seperate RX's and just use the 2nd RX for the servos to control the camera. That would only work without cam stabilization so was also thinking of running an OP CC board for cam stab for video.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I have been wondering the same thing. If you have the main controller board adjusting for the MC's movements, then how you do setup another transmitter to override that and make manual adjustments? According to Tony, it is either one or the other - or is there a way to do that. I know most professional types do use two transmitters but have never seen an explanation of how they had everything connected.

What if the two transmitters were connected via a buddy lead, couldn't the second take control over whatever functions they want then.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i think a regular buddy system gives full control over to another transmitter. the diagram that Jes1111 linked to is interesting in that it shows it as being pretty simple to put another transmitter's control stream into your regular flight controller with a buddy type switch making the connection. if it's as simple as the diagram shows it then it's worth giving it a try.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Ideally, the main transmitter would also be able to control the servos, because there may well be a time that you want to take photos etc while alone (I do this all the time at the moment)

Maybe it could be a setup where there is a separate receiver as well as a little toggle switch, so that before takeoff, you can toggle between main transmitter control or buddy transmitter control...does that sound feasible?

mbsteed

aerial video centric
...so am I to understand that most of the folks doing this with two TXs, have the same as Macsgrafs, one TX controlling the aircraft and the other controlling the camera without any camera levelling signal from the FC?

Macsgrafs

...so am I to understand that most of the folks doing this with two TXs, have the same as Macsgrafs, one TX controlling the aircraft and the other controlling the camera without any camera levelling signal from the FC?

I use a gyro on roll axis, but am considering using a seperate FC board just for the camera! But its cheaper to buy 3 x cheap gyros!

Ross

krleas

FPV Freak
Picloc3x will be soon out, we all waiting for it. Then u will have 2man operating system with stabilization. 350 eur for FC board is to much and useless.