Hello From Maryland's Eastern Shore

Hello all,
Checking in from Delmarva out here on the east coast. I have had a Phantom 2 Vision for a little while now and have lots of fun with it. Its mostly farmland a beach out here so plenty of great places to fly. I'm looking to step up my game and build a F550 and have lots of question.
I look forward learning a lot from the more experienced builders!
Thanks for having me.

FlyGirl

Hello all,
Checking in from Delmarva out here on the east coast. I have had a Phantom 2 Vision for a little while now and have lots of fun with it. Its mostly farmland a beach out here so plenty of great places to fly. I'm looking to step up my game and build a F550 and have lots of question.
I look forward learning a lot from the more experienced builders!
Thanks for having me.

Welcome BeachRunner from a western shore dweller! :)

FlyGirl

Well, ALL state parks have rules that forbid "model airplanes" and that is the exact language. I guess whether or not we are indeed model airplanes is debatable but I am guessing we are lumped in with them. I have been flying at a local schools athletic fields. They are pretty large... There is also a field nearby that is a future shopping mall that I fly at but yes, it's a problem trying to find places. Visit my YouTube channel RobisonRacing68 to see the sort of places I fly at. It's difficult that is for sure and I have found that the word drone is probably not a good way to describe what you are flying. I always call it a quadcopter. LOL! Do you have any clubs nearby? I have one I am going to join that seems receptive to multirotors but I have also run into some backlash from some traditional RC enthusiasts including one local hobby shop that told me they were not stocking any multirotor stuff because they believe we are going to kill the hobby. I haven't been back.... :(

kloner

Aerial DP
i love the delmarva area.... welcome. You got alot of open space to ring it out and sort your way through the rules....

it is a shame, but don't turn your back on the ama club forever. here in SD there really making a stand, same with fpv and it's becoming more and more accepted. You haven't seen ignoring till your a known long range bandit..... let me tell ya. but they get over it cause i'm safe about it and i sit around the ring with my biggest haters, just how life is as a multi operator still. funny thing is they all want a job working with us

FlyGirl

i love the delmarva area.... welcome. You got alot of open space to ring it out and sort your way through the rules....

it is a shame, but don't turn your back on the ama club forever. here in SD there really making a stand, same with fpv and it's becoming more and more accepted. You haven't seen ignoring till your a known long range bandit..... let me tell ya. but they get over it cause i'm safe about it and i sit around the ring with my biggest haters, just how life is as a multi operator still. funny thing is they all want a job working with us

LOL! Long range bandit... That is JUST how I feel like they are looking at me as. That's what set the guy off at the local hobby store. The moment I said I fly FPV... And I totally agree to keep on trying. I just re-upped my AMA membership for the next two years. The club that is receptive here had us (Baltimore Drone Users Group) out to their field this past summer and so it seems to me they are reaching out to our community so I feel I should reciprocate and since I've been dabbling with a ParkZone Radian as well I think it will be a good fit. Thanks Kloner... Good advice for all! :)