DJI Lightbridge - 2.4G Full HD Digital Video Downlink

maxwelltub

Im sure DJI wont answer these questions, but if anyone else knows the answers please chime in, like Tahoe Ed. Will this only work with DJI gimbal?

Jumpy07

If you look at the air unit.. it has two ribbon connectors that look the same as the connectors on the Zenmuse GCU...

I have been thinking on how they will get HD out of the Zenmuse given the HDMI converter is on the Gimbal etc.. there are spare ports on the yaw, roll and tilt motor assemblies. .. so wonder if it has spare slipper rings etc to bring the HDMI signal up.

The Air unit might actually replace the gimbal GCU...

Speculation I know.. but just trying to get my head round it...

Given the issues with the A2.. think would very prudent to wait a few months.. until others have beta tested :)

Tahoe Ed

No answer on the price yet. They have announced that there will be 500 units shipped in the first batch sometime this month. If you are interested in one I would get my name on a list soon. Make sure that you check the devices that are supported. If your device is not on that list don't come crying to me. I won't be able to help you. It is reported to have 16 channels, 8 for the pilot and 8 for the camera operator. No more details beyond that.

soler

Looking on taobao, the Chinese equivalent (but better) version of ebay one shop is showing 7000RMB which is about 1155US$. not sure if this is the final price or not

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Yes but you have to attach the HDMI cable direct to the camera. If you go to the GCU you will only get analog out.

soler

Yes but you have to attach the HDMI cable direct to the camera. If you go to the GCU you will only get analog out.

That is a shame that it will only output Av from the zenmuse, I doubt that this can be fixed with a firmware update and this would need to be hardwear to make this work correctly. There is no way to make it work on a Nex7 though the HDMI plug as there is no space and I am not sure if the zen would tolerate the effect of the cable on the balancing. So without a redesign of the current zen for the Nex it will be AV only.

Tahoe Ed

If you are attaching a HDMI cable with the Nex7 there should not be an issue with the Lightbridge cable. Whether the Zen will tolerate this light cable is another story. I think a new GCU may be in order. I have no idea what they have up their sleeve.

AEA737

Looking on taobao, the Chinese equivalent (but better) version of ebay one shop is showing 7000RMB which is about 1155US$. not sure if this is the final price or not

The H3-2D Gimbal was at first expected to cost 1000 Euro and you can get it for 280 Euro right now. Lets hope the Lightbridge is finally a lot cheaper than 1155USD.

J

The H3-2D Gimbal was at first expected to cost 1000 Euro and you can get it for 280 Euro right now. Lets hope the Lightbridge is finally a lot cheaper than 1155USD.

J

I did hear they are bringing out a 3 axis go pro gimbal so if thats true maybe they are selling all H3 gimbals cheaper.
I don't think the light bridge will be cheap or go down in price like the gimbals have done i the past.

Quinton

J

Personally I think not a chance in the world its going to be that cheap if it says what it does on the tin!
Between $1.8k and $2k I would imagine.
If it works you will have a hard time even getting this thing, all the cinematographers would be buying this gear at the drop of a hat.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Personally I think not a chance in the world its going to be that cheap if it says what it does on the tin!
Between $1.8k and $2k I would imagine.
If it works you will have a hard time even getting this thing, all the cinematographers would be buying this gear at the drop of a hat.

i'm not sure i love all of these functions on one power supply in one box. there's a lot going on in there and if it goes t**'s up then the whole operation is crashing with it.

not sure yet.....i appreciate DJI's attempt to assess needs and make new stuff but I'm not sure this will be a home run just yet.

interesting as hell though to see what projects DJI makes a priority...would love to see the list of bad ideas that they throw in the trash

Quinton

OK I was on a pre-order list from BYOD in the UK, for lightbridge and just received an Invoice.
£1132 inc VAT was on the Invoice 1359 Euros, and they will be shipping before the end of this month.
Not sure what the dollar price was, but this will give you all an idea.

I don't usuall like being first with a product but felt that this one was an exception.
Hope it doesn't bite me it the butt!