Steadidrone just launched their

2014 models? Anyone have one? 60 minutes of flight? Looks cool and big as hell..

http://www.uav-outlet.com/2014-steadidrone-qu4d-x/

DSC_0044_Edit__99153.1391523412.1000.1200.jpg

Droid

Hi, I think this bird is pretty expensive. Please someone elaborate on the price, is it really worth x-times more than other competitive solutions?

soler

Interesting specs

4 x 28" carbon fiber props
4 x SteadiDrone 100kv Brushless motors
4 x 10 000mah 5s lipo batteries

Lanzar

Evidence? Or baseless accusation?

8kg payload- lets do the math: kopter 3.5kg, batery 2kg if you use 5s 10000 x2, gimbal 1kg min. 6.5kg + 8kg payload = 14.5kg Maximum motor trust would be 4500g on 12s, here we have 5s (it would not lift at all) or 10s. 4x4500 is 18kg. So hoover is more than 80% on 12s, 10 only gives you less rpm so less trust. But capacity is only 10.000 mah. Hover with this load would be 40 amps + so flight time is low, If you add another battery pack weight goes to 16.5kg so hoover would be 90% power. We have made a lot off test before anybody else and i will say it was a pain in the ... to achive a good flight time with 3 to 4kg payload. We got motors from tiger which was test ones, first few and we did a lot off testing. You can also see a test we did with no payload for 40 min.
I would need some video proof to belive it. I could be wrong but based on experience i say not achivable. Unless the payload is batery + gimbal + camera or ...

Lets see and wait for more information.

Emowillcox

Looks cool. This company is in South Africa. I got one of their frames last year.
I forget their money system, but I think it's called rand. Possible that $14,999 price is in their money which I think is closer to $1,355.00 US

Bowley

Looks cool. This company is in South Africa. I got one of their frames last year.
I forget their money system, but I think it's called rand. Possible that $14,999 price is in their money which I think is closer to $1,355.00 US

I'm not sure about that Emo, its priced at £11.5K in UK. The small QU4D comes in at around £1000 ARTF!. The UK dealer says that its aimed at commercial users so probably been priced competetively with a few other turnkey systems such as Asctec and aimed a high end companies. If the after sales support is there it may be worth the money however my thoughts are that unlike the rest of the high end turnkey stuff there is nothing on it which is proprietry to justify the cost. But I think its aimed at a different target market than most on here who know there mustard from there custard. I gather its going to be put through airframe cetification here in the UK. something which, I'm told could be just round the corner in the UK for all UAS even <20kg.

Emowillcox

Yeah Bowley u are probably right. The more I think about it ... I doubt they are selling that machine for close to 1355 US
Been a while but I think I payed close to $350 for just a frame.

Bowley

Yeah Bowley u are probably right. The more I think about it ... I doubt they are selling that machine for close to 1355 US
Been a while but I think I payed close to $350 for just a frame.

Got to give it to them though, look like nice frames, always fancied a QU4D myself. All there previous frames looked like excellent value, shame the hex and octo are discontinued. The QU4D X just makes me think of what Freefly did with the Movi in terms of pricing...because their target market shifted, and business is business.