NEW - DroidWorx V3 Airframes

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
id like to know if these new mounting plates are the ones they used to the end of V2 or completely new ones

boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Bird is fine again, gonna take it out on monday for first test flight or later today. Have to wait noticed last time showing it of at a bachelor weekend i shouldnt be flying hung hover, thus i am waiting. :)

Concerning plates first there were some alu plates than they moved to graphite composite March 2011, now they look silverish again. Just wondering what the actual last state is for a normal AD HL.

Boris

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have the new engine mount plates, they look a lot like the ones that came on the standard V2 with the exception the engine mount holes are slotted so you can fit all 4 mounting screws for the larger 2814 series motors and they don't show any milling marks which leads me to believe they're molded rather than milled from a solid chunk. My AD-6 HL has been already been upgraded to much of the V3 spec back when I did the conversion from standard to heavy lift a couple months ago, I have the new engine mount plates and landing gear setup, the rest of it is mostly cosmetic and some of those changes I did with hardware I had on hand. The dome I have is custom made in the USA so no need for the newer one from D/W.

If you bought a heavy lift frame and have the black engine mount plates with slots for the screws and no visible tool marks on them, you have the new engine mounts.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it would be nice if the motor (engines combust fuels ;) ) mounts had a hole for oiling the lower bearings. any chance the new ones have that?

Is it sufficient to over oil the top bearings and let the oil leak down to the lowers overnight?

blip.com.au

I wouldn'r recommend oiling the bearings at all, unless the manufacturer has advised of that. Most bearing are pretty tightly sealed and aside from that the oil will catch a lot of dust and grit and just make a mess in there. Also, a lot of plastics aren't compatible with oil, so be careful where that oil ends up - mounts, cables etc....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
yup, that's possible. i should email Jim fron Avroto and ask if he recommends anything specific.
bart