Lipo in luggage

stano

I have two 5000mah 6s batteries to fly home (Florida to mich) with. I have checked on line with TSA and it seems I am able to take in carry-on luggage. They have a formula, mAh/1000xV < 300. I am under this 300.

I am flying delta. Is anyone aware of any issues I may encounter? I don't want to have to pull out a calculator at security. I would not want to leave them behind at the counter as they were obviously not cheap. All comments welcome.

Stano

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
From what I've heard it is preferred to take them in hand luggage. Label them batteries and cover the connectors with something for protection. Place them in lipo safe bags also as this will show that you're a considerate person.

Just my opinion. I have not flown with lipos before.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I think I will read that when I next get a bout of insomnia! Joking aside, good link Dave, it is always good to get info from an authoritative source which doesn't happen often in forums (any forum that is, not just here!).

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well what may wake u up us reading and understanding it could save u £50k! Coz that's what u will face in fines if you get an over zealous customs/security opo who knows his stuff. Right now a famous British broadcasting company is finding flouting the regs costs more than shipping lipos in advance!

Dave