My FPV shopping list. Is it good to go?

Flydigital

Here's my kit list for FPV. I'm looking to fly by googles and have an additional monitor for camera partner to look at.
This kit seems a bit thin on parts but supposedly it's all included but I might be missing something.

1. Goggles: Fatshark Attitude
http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/fatshark-attitude-v2-sd.html?gclid=CM2E7q3UlLwCFUtP3godhj4Agw

2. Secondary monitor: Lilliput 664/W
http://www.lilliputdirect.com/hdmi/5-7-inch-hdmi/Lilliput-664-W

3. goPro 3 cable

That's it. Fatshark comes with a Tx module and both displays have built in 5.8Ghz receivers.

As a start off is this good to go?
Can I add DJI iOSD to this? Does it daisy chain into the Tx?

Thanks for any advice!

kloner

Aerial DP
the lilliput sucks, get a real fpv screen, they have firmware changes that makes them show static and you'll want that. the fatshark setup is good. to run the monitor using an uno works alot better than the internal rx and cp antennas are almost mandatory on 5.8. That exact kit seems like requires 3s power, if it does, you might need a buck converter or the like to get the power down if you use 4s and up.

you can add any osd later including iosd

I thought the uk was limited to 25mw vtx?

Flydigital

That's interesting. Lilliput seemed a lot higher quality or at least more expensive than anything else I could find. It has an FPV version that allows for static. Is there any 'real fpv screen' that can be recommended. I would go for basic but my director on non aerial stuff wants monitor to be high quality and sharp.

Also know UK has rules on power of transmission. I'll need to keep researching I think.

kloner

Aerial DP
there limit is 25mw..... if in fact there is a fpv version then get it, but i can tell you the fpv co branded versions are really good. i've seen people here have problems with a liliput that they couldn't get 10 feet away

Team Black-Sheep worked with immersion on there 25mw and got over 5 miles of range with it.. you might look that way

SamaraMedia

Kloner,

Would you recommend an Uno or 5800 Duo. I have a Immersion 5.8 600mw vtx that I bought used on RCG but I need a receiver since most everything I have now for fpv is 1.3. The package came with two antennas, helical and patch i believe, so I could use a duo or could I buy two uno (cheaper for the pair) and use an Eagle Tree Eagle Eyes GS?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Great, pretty sure it came wit a couple iBcrazy blue beams, uno it is then! (definately saves on the pocket)

Thanks

Flydigital

Still researching this and thinking the 5800Diversity is what I should get. Better quality, more reliable. I don't expect to go that far initially. It will be in sight at all times but around buildings and trees where I am.

Beginner question: The 5800Diversity receivers need 2 antennae right? So does that mean I need 3 antennae? 2 for the receiver and 1 for the aircraft?

Thanks.

Hi Flydigital,
UK 25mw max power.

Has anyone got anything bad to say about immersion kit ?
Drop outs, build quality, interference,