T-Motor Props - WOW

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
So I had a set of T-Motor 15/5 props on my 800mm Hexacrafter hex and they were very nice. Nice and smooth and fairly balanced out of the package.

So I bought a set of T-Motor 12/4 props for my GoPro rig. a 530mm Quad with a SuperX FC that is my best buddy.
It never fails me... I know it like the back of my hand. I’ve been running APC 12/38 SF very balenced props on it and it’s been very nice.

I added 2.5 deg of toe in on all the motors and it is SO stable it’s insane. I didn’t think it could get any better...

I slapped on the 12/4 T-Motor props and I was straight up blown away.
On take off the heli was almost silent. NO vibrations at all... I mean not even a ultra tiny vibration.
Even in full stick forward flight... no noise, perfect.

The larger T motor props 15 - 18” are very nice, but i honestly think the smaller ones 10 - 12” are actually even bettter.
WOWOWOW. I am happy!

View attachment 15566

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 352

jfro

Aerial Fun
So I had a set of T-Motor 15/5 props on my 800mm Hexacrafter hex and they were very nice. Nice and smooth and fairly balanced out of the package.

So I bought a set of T-Motor 12/4 props for my GoPro rig. a 530mm Quad with a SuperX FC that is my best buddy.
It never fails me... I know it like the back of my hand. I’ve been running APC 12/38 SF very balenced props on it and it’s been very nice.

''''
''''
'''''
The larger T motor props 15 - 18” are very nice, but i honestly think the smaller ones 10 - 12” are actually even bettter.
WOWOWOW. I am happy!

My quad fly's like butter compared to everything else I've flown. I have apc's on them and very happy. Have a pair of FC Graupers I've never put on it.

Just looked at the price of the Tigers, I'm not going to even try em. Price is just crazy high. If I were in business making lots of bucks, I'd take a shot. However, this is one of those times where what I got makes me happy, so don't try to be happier ........ and poorer.... lol

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Yea for sport flying.. who cares, but for AP/AV smooth matters.
And the price is WORTH IT!

I just saw a graph on flexacopter site that compared T-motor carbon to Xoar props. The Xoar actually offered more thrust with less amp draw. That does not have much to do with smooth/quite operation, but I was surprised. I still run wood on mine and as mentioned above, can't seem to justify the cost.

jfro

Aerial Fun
my gopro/ tarot video is good. When there's a problem, it's the pilot. I'm thinking a 3rd axis will fix that. Bout the price of cf props.

The whisper quiet would be nice....

kloner

Aerial DP
love the cf's...

so many little oops' are mitigated using them

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Yea I don;t care about numbers or thrust or efficiency ratings, I care about real world footage.
The T-Motors seriously take a well balanced rig and allow it to be perfect.
I am sold forever on these bad boys.

That being said, setting up an octo with 15" - 18" T motor props may require a mortgage!

kloner

Aerial DP
we bought a 4 set of 27", 4 set of 16" and i got like 10 sets of 15" 2 sets of 13 and 14" for the discos,,,, seriously, there worth it. they tend to be consistent in all weather and they'll take a lickin and not break.....

SamaraMedia

we bought a 4 set of 27", 4 set of 16" and i got like 10 sets of 15" 2 sets of 13 and 14" for the discos,,,, seriously, there worth it. they tend to be consistent in all weather and they'll take a lickin and not break.....

27"???? What beast do you have those on?

Worse than that, he's probably got some U Pro's turning them too. Even if it's only a quad, you're looking at over $1,200 just in motors...

kloner

Aerial DP
na, it's a hex. You guys will see soon enough.... it's four g's worth of prop, motor and esc on one, 2 g's worth on the other..... real heavy lifters that last. I've blown through 13 3520's in one season. They just go away lifting like we do, not good enough

jes1111

I've blown through 13 3520's in one season. They just go away lifting like we do, not good enough

What are you doing to these motors that you need to bin them and get new ones? I can understand the bearings needing regular replacement - but the rest of the motor experiences no "wear" at all. Unless you're overheating them, maybe?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
What are you doing to these motors that you need to bin them and get new ones? I can understand the bearings needing regular replacement - but the rest of the motor experiences no "wear" at all. Unless you're overheating them, maybe?

I think Kloner is bar the desert or a lot of sandy dirt, so sand plays a factor.