THE first flight test of DJI A2 FC firmware upgrade V2.1

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
fwiw, there are now clone forums sites popping up with IP adresses in China and Kenya, to name a few and yet we still soldier on welcoming honest and objective commentary on all systems here at multirotorforums.com.

Javier

please don't start that kind of ridiculous stuff here. please. i've explained myself and i've also allowed countless posts that have been very critical of DJI. go back and read the threads before you make these kinds of comments again.

that's wrong. the thread remained open throughout his wrangling with his A2 and when it finally appeared that the new firmware was a worthwhile repair to the system's overall problems I proceeded to structure new threads back to a more constructive discussion rather than have the one with the very negative title continue ad infinitum as the dedicated A2 thread. there you go, i've explained it again.

Bartman, when I went to read Droider's new post (had been posted 12 hours before) I realized that the thread had been closed and I couldn't respond (ask) him anything. Since you had been trying to close that thread, I was surprised that you had closed it no long after his negative test results. I totally agree that posting "just" negative comments about the A2 (or any other device for that matter) is not constructive. HOWEVER, I also think people have to be aware of all the problems the DJI equipment has been causing before they spend (and possibly loose) hundreds or thousands of dollars or hurt someone. There are thousands of DJI systems out there now (A2, Naza, WKM, Phantom, etc), and they are all a potential hazard because people have reported problems with all of them. Some probably caused by user error, I know. I also believe that DJI has done NOTHING to communicate with us the users and customers to let us know what is going on or what they are doing about it. Posting a new firmware every once in a while just doesn't cut it. MRF is a great platform, I do apologize if my comment was unfair, but it's just the way I saw it, and I do thank the fact that my comment was responded to and not erased.

Bartman

Bartman, when I went to read Droider's new post (had been posted 12 hours before) I realized that the thread had been closed and I couldn't respond (ask) him anything. Since you had been trying to close that thread, I was surprised that you had closed it no long after his negative test results. I totally agree that posting "just" negative comments about the A2 (or any other device for that matter) is not constructive. HOWEVER, I also think people have to be aware of all the problems the DJI equipment has been causing before they spend (and possibly loose) hundreds or thousands of dollars or hurt someone. There are thousands of DJI systems out there now (A2, Naza, WKM, Phantom, etc), and they are all a potential hazard because people have reported problems with all of them. Some probably caused by user error, I know. I also believe that DJI has done NOTHING to communicate with us the users and customers to let us know what is going on or what they are doing about it. Posting a new firmware every once in a while just doesn't cut it. MRF is a great platform, I do apologize if my comment was unfair, but it's just the way I saw it, and I do thank the fact that my comment was responded to and not erased.

i think if you look through the site there have been a lot of honest opinions posted that i haven't erased including the entire thread we're discussing which went on for quite a while uncontested by me.

thanks for writing. many of us are continuing to watch to see how this plays out. i should stress that this isn't an intentional anti-DJI website and that if people are reading these things and feel it's unfair that DJI happens to get a lot of negative commentary here and that their experiences have been much different then I strongly urge them to chime in and tell us what they've accomplished and how they've managed to do it.

I think a lot of us would welcome a path forward that makes the A2 a productive piece of equipment for multi-rotor operators. I'm not as dedicated to any one brand as some other people are but good products do get my attention when they work well.

Bart

Javier

i think if you look through the site there have been a lot of honest opinions posted that i haven't erased including the entire thread we're discussing which went on for quite a while uncontested by me.

thanks for writing. many of us are continuing to watch to see how this plays out. i should stress that this isn't an intentional anti-DJI website and that if people are reading these things and feel it's unfair that DJI happens to get a lot of negative commentary here and that their experiences have been much different then I strongly urge them to chime in and tell us what they've accomplished and how they've managed to do it.

I think a lot of us would welcome a path forward that makes the A2 a productive piece of equipment for multi-rotor operators. I'm not as dedicated to any one brand as some other people are but good products do get my attention when they work well.

Bart

Absolutely, I would love to see posts of people saying that the A2 is working great for them, and with what configuration. Also, it would be very helpful if those who have had problems with it explain exactly what the problem was, the configuration they have as far as MR used, radio, if they connected directly to the A2 through satellites or through the S-Bus, if they were using other equipment such as a Zenmuse, etc. Since the problems have shown up not only with the A2 but also with all the other DJI products (Naza, WKM, Phantom, etc) it has been very difficult for us to determine what's causing the problem, which at the end of the day tends to point to DJI's firmware. Also, DJI's total silence and unresponsiveness to customers doesn't help...

As far as I am concerned, MRF is the goto forum for issues related to the new A2...... and great work Bartman... much appreciated.
And indeed, the subject head of a forum thread sets the tone throughout.

Bartman

I've started a thread for A2 users to post their current configurations and experiences. Please take a minute to post your info.

Bart