What type of connectors between KK2.1 FC and reciever?

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the strange question but I am confused as to what type of connectors I would need to go between my KK2.1 flight controller and a receiver?

I am looking at an Orange Rx R910 9 channel receiver. (it would be the same connection for the AR8000 it seems)

It looks as if I need a Female to Female type of servo connector but for the life of me I can't get my hands around this.

Thanks a ton as this is one of the last purchases I have to do prior to my build.

Thanks!!!!

Mike :)

jbrumberg

258000011.gif
I may be wrong, but I believe they are male to male. At least that's what I have connecting my RX to my KK2.0

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
YES.. Male to male.. I’m an idiot and had the right image wrong name in my head.
The pic above is correct.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
YES.. Male to male.. I’m an idiot and had the right image wrong name in my head.
The pic above is correct.

Hmmmm....I suppose I have my terminology wrong (or I don't understand anatomy....LOL)

To me I would call those plugs FEMALE FEMALE.....however I suppose that male to male would mean that you have male ends on the RX/FC and the Female "plug" goes into the Male connection.

But those pictures look like just what I need!

Thanks!

sledge57

Ok, I know it's New Years Eve but I think maybe you guys have started partying a bit early.

Those connectors in the pic above are female - female.

See the holes in the ends, like a female...
whistling.gif

Male to male would have pins, like a male, go to the bathroom and check if you don't believe me, or maybe take a look at your wife/girlfriend...

Here's a KK 2.1 board, that's the male side, you guys are going to give us nerds a bad name :highly_amused:

24723_zpse2af0595.jpg

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Those would be considered female-female. The pins on most RX and FC would make that the male end. Imagine the use of the term pr^%k instead of pin :)

you our can find them in the USA from Witespy at ready to fly quads. He has a ton of useful, basic hardware and wiring that's appropriate for our builds, regardless of the make of you quad parts.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
In the Giant Scale airplane world, we refer to the ones show in the link above as MALE as they “insert” into the Female end of a servo cord. The female has the BIG opening (with the pins sticking out in it).
I’ve never heard they referred to in the opposite way, and I’ve been in RC for 25 years! But hey.. people talk differently.

First time I was in Georgia and some one offered me.....

“Hey boy .. you want to try some boiled penis?"

I was like WHAT!??!?!

Dude said “I said .. you want to try some boiled penis?"

AGAIN... WHAT!?!??!!??!?

Then I noticed the sign.. “Boiled Peanuts” darn southern drawl.. :D

COMike93yj

Still Building!
In the Giant Scale airplane world, we refer to the ones show in the link above as MALE as they “insert” into the Female end of a servo cord. The female has the BIG opening (with the pins sticking out in it).
I’ve never heard they referred to in the opposite way, and I’ve been in RC for 25 years! But hey.. people talk differently.

First time I was in Georgia and some one offered me.....

“Hey boy .. you want to try some boiled penis?"

I was like WHAT!??!?!

Dude said “I said .. you want to try some boiled penis?"

AGAIN... WHAT!?!??!!??!?

Then I noticed the sign.. “Boiled Peanuts” darn southern drawl.. :D

Good to know SleepyC!

It is funny how things sometimes don't translate the way one would expect (especially being new to the field here). I have 10 servo connectors that I have at the house that I will be using to modify my HP Server power supplies. Each has a "Different end".....so I totally understand where the "Male" end would insert into the bigger "Female" end.

Thanks for the clarification!!!! That helps me out tremendously!

Funny about the "Boiled Peanuts"......I grew up in Massachusetts and when I got stationed in Northwest Florida I encountered Boiled peanuts. I absolutely LOVE EM! Cajun style are the best!

Thanks for all the help on this topic guys.....Now I feel much better!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
folks, usually when people are talking about connectors they specify if they're referring to the pins inside of the plastic housings or if they're referring to the plastic housings themselves as the pins are almost always opposite of what the housings are.

i'll allow you guys one more screw-up like this for this year then that's it.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
folks, usually when people are talking about connectors they specify if they're referring to the pins inside of the plastic housings or if they're referring to the plastic housings themselves as the pins are almost always opposite of what the housings are.

i'll allow you guys one more screw-up like this for this year then that's it.

Glad we got it all squared away though! Thank GOD we only have less than 12 hours left before it is 2014 :)

Thanks for all the information....as a new guy to the hobby it is nice to get the basics out of the way!