EZUHF questions/problems

Tomstoy2

Just installing my system to a Futaba t8fg.

The immediate problems;
whenever I power up he ezuh ftx,either thru the cord the t mits constant buzz.

Believe I've ony installed h driver to run Tools.

WEhat am I missing?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
for one thing I think you're missing spell check!:nevreness:

are you powering the TX from the transmitter's battery? 9.6 volts, right? it's probably too low for the EZUHF Tx, I think it needs 3S lipo power.

what computer/OS are you using to run IRC tools? I haven't been able to make IRC Tools work with a Win8 laptop, I'd be curious to see if you have the same problems.

Tomstoy2

Ok, to begin with, after asking that question, I then went back and made sure device manager recognized the tx and rx when plugged in,,, it did. I then checked what firmware, found none so I loaded 2w into the tx, ( hope that's right for USA and t8fg? ). After that, no more problems. Only thing I need to re-figure out is in the wkm assistant I've forgotten how to adjust the 3 position switch to get solid blue on manual, ( it's flashing now ), and I get no blue in gps. Been so long I can't remember?

Sorry about the spelling. Me and my keyboard seem to be having a fight!

I'm running win7 with no issues.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
As long as you have the two watt Tx that is fine, if you have the non two watt version it will be a problem.

What version of the firmware have you loaded? I am using V1.48.

I am running Win8 on a Samsung UltraBook and while it is flaky it is usable.

You need to adjust your endpoints to get the correct settings for flight modes, I went from a traditional Rx to PWM on the EZUHF and did not have to make any adjustments, I was quite pleased with that.

Pete

ZacAttack

Is it better to Run a Di-Pole antenna with a E UHF 8Ch Lite RX or is it better to stay with a 8ch Diversity with sander Style Mono poles?? Im travelling no more then 5Km with the Quad copter. Thanks and Hapy New Year.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
From what I am reading the Diamond Tx antenna is pretty good.

I am going no where near 5km but happy doing what I am doing, we were playing out to 1.5km with 5.8Ghz last Monday.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

ZacAttack

From what I am reading the Diamond Tx antenna is pretty good.

I am going no where near 5km but happy doing what I am doing, we were playing out to 1.5km with 5.8Ghz last Monday.

Pete

The Diamond Antenna is for your TX on the EZ UHF system and has acquired some great reviews, my question is referring to the RX's of the EZUHF system and what is the best antennas for Long Range?? Thanks! If your only flying 1.5 KM's, why not just use 2.4Ghz RC or 72 Mhz, you don't need UHF or short distance FPV ?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
dont buy any antennas for these on ebay, there all fake, get one from a reputable fpv dealer and diamond is the ones,,,,, 70cm band, money

i like the sanders monopole best for any multi rotor, i've been 14 miles, 100 feet up and had decent rssi and total control, but the noise floor dictates how well that happens.....

On all the ezuhf i've installed, i always go into the futaba plug and a)shorten the wire all together and b) remove the power wire,,,,, you just gotta find a pinout, I take out all but the ppm next to the ground and the rest are disabled, that way the power doesn't back feed from tx into the module.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
The Diamond Antenna is for your TX on the EZ UHF system and has acquired some great reviews, my question is referring to the RX's of the EZUHF system and what is the best antennas for Long Range?? Thanks! If your only flying 1.5 KM's, why not just use 2.4Ghz RC or 72 Mhz, you don't need UHF or short distance FPV ?

Yes using 2.4Ghz for control but setting up for 2.4Ghz video so you cannot use 2,4Ghz for control anymore, also in difficult terrain 2.4Ghz will not cut it, UHF is much better as is 2.4Ghz video.

Sorry yes just go with the "Sander" style on Rx end.

Cheers

Pete