CAA Approval for non commercial stuff

Hi Guys, this may be elsewhere in the forum, but was struggling to find anything. It is Uk regulation related.
I was planning using my DJI Phantom to film my local football team play next month at the All Weather pitch, and would probably like to do this fairly regularly. This is non commercial, its just for me and the lads to watch after, but I am starting to think I need permission for this??
My reasoning is 22 guys will be on the pitch, and it is an urban area. Researching the CAA website is mind boggling, I am finding it very hard to find the correct info, so am guessing I probably have to apply for this,
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1320Issue04Final.pdf

But there is a section here it mentions payment, and I have no idea what payment is required for something like this, or even to find out how much. Is it really expensive, was hoping it wouldn't be too much as there may not be much point otherwise.
Also another check box for including license to fly, surely I don't need this for a hobby do I?? Sooo confused.
Apologies for all the questions, but I don't want to go blundering in and landing in the proverbial for not adhering to the correct rules etc.

Cheers

Chris

Bowley

Hi Chris, you dont need any permissions as its not Aerial Work, but I guess technically you should stick to the regs and make sure you have full landowner/reps permission to fly obey the separation minima and all involved are under your 'control' just in case something went wrong, buts its common sense really, I would just take care and not worry about it. That said, there are instances where in theory you would need CAA permission even if its for no reward, which in turn requires a RPQ/BNUC. SOME GOOD INFO HERE

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Chris, you dont need any permissions as its not Aerial Work, but I guess technically you should stick to the regs and make sure you have full landowner/reps permission to fly obey the separation minima and all involved are under your 'control' just in case something went wrong, buts its common sense really, I would just take care and not worry about it. That said, there are instances where in theory you would need CAA permission even if its for no reward, which in turn requires a RPQ/BNUC. SOME GOOD INFO HERE

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve