crash with naza v2

airmikeyy

hello guys , had a crash with my quad from 100 feet up, ater recalibrating everything and all repairs , on take off quad yaws to the right...any ideals whats wrong ?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Two choices I guess.

1. The Naza is faulty.

2. You set up the type of craft incorrectly or made an incorrect setting.

Sorry, three choices.

3. Some other part that you missed was faulty.

What parts were broken and replaced from the original crash?

Pete

airmikeyy

Two choices I guess.

1. The Naza is faulty.

2. You set up the type of craft incorrectly or made an incorrect setting.

Sorry, three choices.

3. Some other part that you missed was faulty.

What parts were broken and replaced from the original crash?

Pete
only things broken was props and landing gear...im thinking naza is damaged from hard fall or may 1 or 2 cw motors damaged ? hmmmm

airmikeyy

well i put in a different naza imu and quad is still yawing to the right...after the crash could i have damaged the CW motor/s or esc's ?

STI-REX

Gettin Old
If the quad was your QAV were the arms alloy ?

Reason I ask is I found mine used to twist along their length if you even picked it up wrong ,NOT Bend but twist and even 3° deviation from vertical on the motor shaft compared to the other arms could cause this yaw

The best way to see the twist is to place the arm flat on a piece of glass or granite bench top

2 of my QAV400 arms had this twist out of the box before building but it is easily fixed with a rubber mallet and a solid absolutely flat surface

Or a couple of pieces of Hardwood and a vice and make a sandwich press

I would take the motors apart and run the shafts along a flat surface to check they are straight and while you are there replace the bearings just to be sure

airmikeyy

Reason I ask is I found mine used to twist along their length if you even picked it up wrong ,NOT Bend but twist and even 3° deviation from vertical on the motor shaft compared to the other arms could cause this yaw

The best way to see the twist is to place the arm flat on a piece of glass or granite bench top

2 of my QAV400 arms had this twist out of the box before building but it is easily fixed with a rubber mallet and a solid absolutely flat surface

I would take the motors apart and run the shafts along a flat surface to check they are straight and while you are there replace the bearings just to be sure

yes i have the 500, the arms was the first thing i checked as far as being bent which they are not but didnt think to see if they were twisted...hmmm thanks..as far as taking motors apart i havent done that yet, i guess i gotta learn somtime, maybe nows the time.:tennis:

airmikeyy

wow dude i just checked and there is a twist near the motor ..wow gonna pound it out tomorrow , i really hope thats it.

airmikeyy

thanks alot!!:) twisted arms was my problem, hard to see with eye..had to take quad apart and sit arms on flat surface.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
thanks alot!!:) twisted arms was my problem, hard to see with eye..had to take quad apart and sit arms on flat surface.

No worries

Glad to help out , It is the little stuff that makes the big difference I learnt that with collective pitch heli's ( costly until I figured it out :) )

I now use a granite bench to do all the final squaring up and final tightening
I was bummed with the 400 arms being twisted out of the box but it only took about 4 mins to sort it out

Cheers
James