DJI S800 EVO with Zenmuse Z15 and Blackmagic Pocket

ChrisViperM

Extrem geiles Zeug.....Gruss an die Tiroler :tennis:

Now in English:

How hard was it to fit the BMP onto the Zenmuse....?

Chris

Quinton

Nice, what were your settings, and was this the Panasonic 12-35mm or wider?
NIce lens flair in there.

Hi,

I used the 7-14mm at 9mm. The 12-35mm works too as they weight the same.

The Zenmuse needs rebalancing and external hdmi wiring and converter to work.

Greetings

renrickerz

could you plaese come up with some pictures ... i gues you get a lot of request in that regard, as the topic is very hot at the moment! :)

thanks!

rené

The setup in the video above looked like in this picture. I´ve completely rebuilt the BM Zenmuse around the new GH3 gimbal which fits much better. Test flying soon.

Greetings,

Robert

View attachment 14334

Attachments

• Zenmuse-BM_v1.jpg
    Zenmuse-BM_v1.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 561

renrickerz

i dont understand ... can you please exactly say wich zenmuse you used? or let ask in another way: have you ever used the zenmuse for the nex7, to fly the bmpc? ... and if, how did you do that?

does it fit right away or do i have to rebuilt something?

why do you think the gimbal for gh3 fits better?

thanks for the reply?

is the picture acctually your gimbal?

rené

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Rene,

I used the Z15N for Nex7 first and it works. You can modify the Z15N in a non destructive way. The new GH3 Version fits the BM Pocket better then the old Z15N for NEX7 but both will work. The one in the picture is my Z15N for Nex 7 with BM Pocket inside.

Greetings,

Robert

cs8

It looks very nice. Do you have some closer pics of the mod?
I was thinking to make mod on my Z15 for Nex5, but there is no way to get BMP right now :(

JeffY

I have got the VP-Systems CamRemote LANC to work with the BMPCC with full function, including Auto Iris, Auto Focus, Rec Start and Stop.

I don´t have a problem with external wiring as I don´t need infinity panning. We´ve done a short testflight yesterday with speeds up to 14 meter/sec without any jitter or vibration which is awsome. The biggest drawback of the GH3 gimbal is it´s firmware which prevents you from slow panning or tilting. The deadband of the input is very high and the movement then starts abruptly which hopefully will get fixed in a firmware update.

Here the link: https://vimeo.com/78146642

Greetings