My First Major Crash

mylesgj

This was last Sunday, my first major crash. It was a fly away but I don't think the Naza M flight control is the culprit. I think it's the FlySky TH9X transmitter/receiver who had a problem. That's what I get for scrimping on my remote controller. Lesson learned hard guys - get the best radio rx/tx. I spent nearly 5 hours looking for my quadcopter, no joy. I went home without it. Then later that night the security guard from UP ISSI called to tell me their janitor found my "helicopter". Picked it up yesterday morning. Total wreck, but GoPro - oh, the incredible GoPro - is still working after that fall! I just had to clean up the mud, then it's back to work for that small, awesome camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
that is frightening... it fell at terminal velocity for a minute,,,,, how far up think it went? couple thousand feet easily... crazy man, crazy

15crewdawg

Man. That was ugly.
It did look like the RX locked the last signal. So the naza just sees that as a constant command and keeps going.

kloner

Aerial DP
like the failsafe isn't set or the tx/receiver malfunctioned

see those really big antennas out there, wonder what band there transmitting along with that place you accronymed.......... we use rf explorers to see that the rf is free to use before we fire up

Last edited by a moderator: