DO NOT FLY A2 in GPS OR with APP connected!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DONT fly A2 in GPS unless you are really confident and can keep your cool when it gos off an a Jolly!

Also DONT use the DJI assistant . Which has now been removed from Apps store. It WILL CRASH YOUR MACHINE

It also allows anyone to connect to your A2 because there is no password facility..

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND DJI

For FOOOOOOOOOK sake why are they risking our machines by releasing stuff before it is dialled in.. it beyond me.

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
For FOOOOOOOOOK sake why are they risking our machines by releasing stuff before it is dialled in.. it beyond me.

Dave

Ummm, so they can sell you more parts to fix things after they crash... ? ;)

The more I read about stuff like this, the more I like my MK and Multiwii controllers, the remaining DJI I own are frozen at a known good firmware version and will likely stay that way.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DeathJustImminent ? :)

After today's experiences I am rolling back to a WKM and chuck this piece of A2m junk own he bench until they sort it out. No more crash test dummy for me.. Guess I love a challenge but his thing is SH1T at the moment. Don't any one else buy one until I give the two units I bought the all clear

Dave

ddikie

I was playing with the app today, al be it on the ground with no issues but it did take a while to change settings ..what was your experience with it?

I did test fly the A2 a few weeks ago and all was ok but that was on 1.0 it seems fine..what are you saying that 1.1 is not stable?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
In general its all over the place. I am taking the 2 A2 FC's off my latest builds and putting on WKM running 5.16 until they do something to get it sorted. OR someone tells me a secret that will fix all the issues flying the A@ via Spektum satellites.

Maverick

In general its all over the place. I am taking the 2 A2 FC's off my latest builds and putting on WKM running 5.16 until they do something to get it sorted. OR someone tells me a secret that will fix all the issues flying the A@ via Spektum satellites.

5.16??? Were you not happy with 5.20 ? Why the roll back Dave...?

Mav.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
It was the last one that worked well with out the auto switch to atti if GPS was lost. I never had any problem flying just atti anyhow so back I went and I could fly with out any niggling thoughts in my head that it was going to do something odd!

ZAxis

Dave...
It's not only the A2 that has GPS problems its the Phantom as well, found this on the web

andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick

It was the last one that worked well with out the auto switch to atti if GPS was lost. I never had any problem flying just atti anyhow so back I went and I could fly with out any niggling thoughts in my head that it was going to do something odd!

I wasn't aware 5.20 had this issue as well...? I updated to 5.20 on your recommendation, and have had no problems since, but then again, I haven't been flying much lately, due to weather, holidays, work... I rarely use GPS HOLD anyway, unless I'm taking stills. Did you have auto switch to ATTI on 5.20?

Kilby

This sucks. Sorry to read about it, Dave. To be honest, I don't see things changing with that company anytime soon. It seems they are focusing all their efforts on the Phantom demographic. I saw Collin at a conference this weekend, and the new generation of the Phantom was his main talking point. Even those seem to be riddled with bad ideas. They actually moved the RC control over to 5.8 ghz, and then have a new app coming out for their own camera that is part of the Phantom Vision II. The camera downlink is via wifi, hence the reason they moved the RC to 5.8. Seems like a recipe for disaster if you ask me, but I'm sure they will sell like crazy, even at $1,200 a pop!

soler

Dave...
It's not only the A2 that has GPS problems its the Phantom as well, found this on the web

andy

I experienced the same thing this weekend with a Naza, Hit the limit and then drifted, the only control that responded was the throttle control, all other were dead.

Last edited by a moderator: