Group Build 2014, DJI NAZA/F450 Quadcopter!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I also don't like Ali very much but if you can buy good product cheaper - why not.

what guarantee do you have with aliexpress that you are getting genuine parts and not cheap copies?

Ivo

WelI, you can read feedback from other customers and you can allways ask the seller. Also price is an indicator.

David1953

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out the links. David

Got Heli RC only has the 450 kits with DJI motors, etc no frame only

Aliexpress has DJI 450 knockoffs without PDB

The Taranis radio looks legit, but does anyone know if there are fakes out there?

Thanks again for looking around. David

Sorry edit for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande

David1953

There you go! Just as I said :). Thanks tstrike. David

Just received an alert from GetFPV they have Taranis radios in stock and I have it ordered.

Also ordered Flamewheel 450 from Gotheli RC.

Last edited by a moderator:

David1953

I purchased the Tiger MT 2212 motors and the Turnigy plush 30a ESC's as recommended by Bartman. I ran across this tutorial and am confused by the following statement. -" since multicopters are using more that one ESC you have more that one BEC. Four of them on a quad to be precise. But you only need one! In fact, it is actually not recommended to plug multiple BEC's in parallel. Therefor, it's good to remove BEC wires from all ESC's except one. You can do this by desoldering them from ESC itself or you can simply pull the red (middle) wire from servo connector and isolate it.
However, 5V power source is a useful thing if you are planing to add LED's or whatever. So, I've made and soldered JST connector on 3 ESC's. Now I have at disposal three 5V/2A power sources to power all kind of things in the future from the main battery. That way I won't be needing extra BEC or extra battery." - See more at: http://flitetest.com/articles/quadcopter-build-esc-customisation#sthash.zqe2O3de.dpuf

Is this something I should do? David

David1953

I can't find the answer anywhere to this question. What length 3mm screw should one use to mount Tiger mt 2212 motor to the Flamewheel arm? Watching Bartmans video shows he didn't use the "x" shaped mount supplied. The Phillips head screws aren't long enough. Looks like a screw too long could get into the windings. Hope someone will help. David

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
The holes in the motors are not threaded all the way through, so you can not get the screws into the windings.

The screws supplied with the F450/550 kit is 8 mm long, and that is a bit short if you want to use the X-mount, prop guards etc. I'll use both prop guards and vibration damping rubber gaskets, so I need 12 mm screws.

Bartman

hi David,

Sorry I didn't get right back to you on that one and thanks to eskil23 for the answer.

Our house is for sale so we're cleaning for an open house and today was pinewood derby race day. And I've got bronchitis or something so i'm maxing out at about 3/4 throttle.

:(

David1953

No problem Bartman. I promise at some point I'll try to add something useful to this forum. It's been all "help me" and I appreciate everyone's replys. I've loaded Nazas software, firmware updates, used Turnigy program card on ESC's and am trying to program my Turanis radio. I guarantee without Gringers post on programming it, I would be totally lost. The "manual" that comes with it is worthless as tits on a boar hog.
I can't get the motor test on NAZA assistant to do anything, so I'm hoping after I get the radio programmed that the motors will work. Otherwise I'll be looking for some more help.
Bartman, hope you get your house sold. David

David1953

Guess I'm the last one to follow the 450 build thread. Any answer to following two questions would be appreciated :

I've followed the Taranis/NAZA set up by Gringers to the tee & rechecked it twenty times, but using the sbus connection my thrust and elevator controls are backwards? Any ideas

After Setting CH 7 to SE, the switch doesn't do anything to the ATTI-GPS-Failsafe mode
Thanks for any repky. David

Bartman

David,

throttle and elevator can be reversed in the NAZA Assistant

What do you mean by "Setting CH7 to SE" ...is SE a three way switch on the Taranis?

David1953

Thank you Bartman. For a novice, there are a ton of variables when troubleshooting problems. There's the ESC's programming, the radio configuration, the proper software configuration and they all have to be correct. It seems like you'd need an expert sitting there with you looking at the radio and computer to fix what ever is wrong. Though unlikely, a bad component could be the problem. I'm going to check around the north Texas area for RC groups to see if anyone could do a first person intervention. If anyone knows someone in this area, I would appreciate a name and number. David

hey everyone, very pleased to see this thread active as im about to pull the trigger on some parts. i just joined today, but let me thank all of you in advance for any help that may come my way. time to start reading the 75 other pages lol. thanks for having me

tstrike

pendejo grande
hey everyone, very pleased to see this thread active as im about to pull the trigger on some parts. i just joined today, but let me thank all of you in advance for any help that may come my way. time to start reading the 75 other pages lol. thanks for having me

Welcome to the board Jim. Just watch the vids on Bart's first page and you'll be way ahead of the game.

Welcome to the board Jim. Just watch the vids on Bart's first page and you'll be way ahead of the game.

yep lol, already watched all of them, which caused me to stay up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late. anyways, i ordered the F450 frame and the DJI e300 propulsion kit. im still in the process of figuring out which flight controller and radio i want to buy. im leaning toward the naza m lite over the naza v2, mostly because of the price difference. being this is my first built quad, i dont think i need to go top of the line, but then again, for future builds.......................lol this is harder than choosing parts for gaming computers....