References Aerial Media Pros

ficecone

I'm in conversation (actually mostly email) with Aerial Media Pros about buying a new Evo. Looking for some feedback about anyones working experiences with them. I definitely need a company that will provide great support and some basic hand holding for a relative newbie like myself. Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated. Please don't pull any punches. I'm looking for a straight answer.
Thanks
Fred
Lake George NY

gtranquilla

RadioActive
These are very complex and finicky machines requiring a lot of technical savvy especially as you move up to the larger systems. Starting small and cheap allows you to learn and practice with minimal downside..... fixing a Blade MQX costs only pennies...... fixing a system c/w costly camera can get very expensive. And there is always the risk of not managing the battery maintenance/capacity properly or not balancing props and motors properly which can lead to your big $$$ Hex flying away never to be seen again or doing an autoland in the local pond etc.

boranup

Ive never used them but I think they are great - Im in Australia and the provide heaps of advice to me and Im not a customer!! There are some good people still out there :)

SamaraMedia

I've used them many times, Patrick has always been very helpful whenever I got into a bind, especially with the DJI products. I highly recommend them! Although I whole heartedly agree with gtranquilla on starting small and working your way up to something like the EVO if you are just starting out.

John

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
they have been building s800's since they came out, i'd have no problem buying one from them

Patrick is a wealth of information and both he and Mitchell have always helped me out when I made some quick phone calls even in the wee hours ... ( Patrick is a night owl ) Highly recommended!

bordhead

I work for AMP, Patrick has been out all week with flu, Mitchell has been slammed with walk in customers and calls . IV been busy building so Pm me if you got some questions and ill help you out. Ive built every s800 and evo ready to fly ever sold there so I may be able to answer a few questions..

boranup

Hi Bordhead thanks for the offer, I noticed today that the frame of the S800 Evo will shake quite badly if the props are not aligned. Some of them from the factory are quite tight and do not move into alignment under centrifugal force - have you had any issues with this and what is the fix from your end? My assumption although I dont have the tools to test is that some of the blades have been tightened too tight. Any input is appreciated!

I posted this here rather than PM as there are a few others with similar issues so there might be an easy global fix - I would assume that the props need to feel almost loose?

cbpagent72

I'm in conversation (actually mostly email) with Aerial Media Pros about buying a new Evo. Looking for some feedback about anyones working experiences with them. I definitely need a company that will provide great support and some basic hand holding for a relative newbie like myself. Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated. Please don't pull any punches. I'm looking for a straight answer.
Thanks
Fred
Lake George NY

I have ordered stuff from them on multiple occasions, they are very knowledgeable and friendly. I just pre ordered my zenmuse gh3 gimbal from them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

bordhead

Hi Bordhead thanks for the offer, I noticed today that the frame of the S800 Evo will shake quite badly if the props are not aligned. Some of them from the factory are quite tight and do not move into alignment under centrifugal force - have you had any issues with this and what is the fix from your end? My assumption although I dont have the tools to test is that some of the blades have been tightened too tight. Any input is appreciated!

I posted this here rather than PM as there are a few others with similar issues so there might be an easy global fix - I would assume that the props need to feel almost loose?

I have built and flown about 25 evo's and have not had and issues. I did help out a guy in Colorado last week with that issue that be bought from another store and I had him move the imu from where he had it and lower his gains and it ended up getting rid of 95% of vibrations, next we put the s800 props on it and problem solved.. so I haven't had any problems but he did and we worked it out..I personally think that its not the evo or s800 that's the problem I believe its the set up(gain settings, flight control mounting location ect.) Ive built and flown over 100 of these things with great results and I build everyone of them the same and as if they were my own.

boranup

Thanks for the reply bordhead, my issue is definitely the props, she flies a treat now after working on it further today. two props in particular no matter how high the throttle would not align, if I did it manually though and aligned them as best I could she flew fine. So off with the bolts, more loctite and gradually tension up to a point where all the props felt similar, still with some resistance but loose enough to align under throttle.

In your post you mention using S800 props - have you mounted traditional props on Evo motors? I see the holes there and assumed a traditional prop would fit.

I fly with pretty low gains as I like it nice and smooth for video and the Evo is great, wanted an S800 for a long while now and its definitely the favourite of my 3 craft.

Again thanks for your assistance and that of aerialmediapros

kloner

Aerial DP
I've known Brian a while now and he's no joke. The guy has put together more rigs than a collective pool of every rig owned within multirotorforums.com...... he's an animal but he needs to break away more to come fly with kloner

I got the flu too, ridiculous.... worse i've ever had, sick going on 5 days now