North Texas Drone Users Group NTDUG

We have formed an armature drone users group here in Texas. Check out our Meet Up page at http://www.meetup.com/North-Texas-D...mbo&traxDebug_also_in_algorithm2_picked=combo . We hosted our first build class a few weeks ago and have hosted 3 Drone fly ins. We are having an October fly in event that is posted on out meet up page. Please attend if you are in the area.

I am posting to get out the word and see if any other groups out there that want to start their own Drone User Groups. We can help get your group and running.

Thanks,
Tony White
Co-Founder
NTDUG

We have formed an armature drone users group here in Texas. Check out our Meet Up page at http://www.meetup.com/North-Texas-D...mbo&traxDebug_also_in_algorithm2_picked=combo . We hosted our first build class a few weeks ago and have hosted 3 Drone fly ins. We are having an October fly in event that is posted on out meet up page. Please attend if you are in the area.

I am posting to get out the word and see if any other groups out there that want to start their own Drone User Groups. We can help get your group and running.

Thanks,
Tony White
Co-Founder
NTDUG

Good luck with your new group but I just hate to see the dreaded "D" word used for our recreational RC aircraft.

VIQuad

I'm in north Dallas, and would like to check it out. But may be out of town on that Saturday. I will try to attend. Thanks for the info.

Yea we do not like the Drone word either, but the media as ingrained it to the public so that's how our systems are well known. That is why we are using the D word so we can change the public perception to something positive.

Kilby

Hey Troy, welcome to the group. Is your meet up a spin off from the DC Dug group? I was one of their first members, and started up my own Baltimore Drones meet up group earlier this year.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yea we do not like the Drone word either, but the media as ingrained it to the public so that's how our systems are well known. That is why we are using the D word so we can change the public perception to something positive.

If you don't like it then you are the only one that can do something about it, me I fly RC Aircraft and will never fly a drone, the military fly those nasty things.

Do not let the media control you, it will only lead to the dark side.

Pete

That is the difference between our group and RC clubs. Most of our members are operating or learning to operate optionally piloted systems or autonomous auto pilots. We are exploring the use of all types of drone platforms to work out their potential and to just have fun with like minded people. Do not get me wrong we have plenty of traditional RC guys that show up, but the main purpose of our group get togethers are to see the latest autonomous system someone has put together and test it out. There is a lot of idea swapping and experimentation during our fly ins. We also explore on how best to operate our systems safely and educate new comers on how to be safe and the current rules and guidelines the FAA has published. The biggest response we get from our members is that they never new so many other people where trying to put systems together that they are interested in. The majority of our members did not get into drones for the love of flying but the challenge of building and programming systems to operate independently from human input. So Drone or UAV best defines what we do and what we want to accomplish.

We also host classes. We have done one quad copter drone build and are hosting a fixed wing build in November. We want to host classes on Drone/UAV safety and discuss new guidelines the FAA publishes when they come out.

Attachments

• GOPR6384.jpg
    GOPR6384.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 282
  • GOPR6393.jpg
    GOPR6393.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 238
  • GOPR6394.jpg
    GOPR6394.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 246
  • GOPR6412.jpg
    GOPR6412.jpg