Aeronavics / Droidworx DroidWorx XM & VM Y6 / DJI A2 builds

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So here we go again.

This time after my disasters fire I now have somewhere to rebuild my fleet.

I have been relying on my single Y6 for work and she has performed fantastically but only having one machine on projects is a worry when you are booked for three days!

Any way the builds are a VM Y6 and a XM Y6. Both will have the new Jeti Multi ESC's and DJI A2 flight controller

The VM will have Axi 2814/22 running on 4 cell http://www.electricwingman.com/axi-droidworx-281422-motor.aspx

30 amp Jeti ESC's 0- http://www.electricwingman.com/jeti-hicopter-30a-multirotor-esc.aspx

PhotoHigher AV130 possibly controlled by A2 but if that does not perfrom a Radian on roll

Standard landing gear.

The XM will have Axi 2820/18 running on 5 cell http://www.electricwingman.com/model-motors-axi-2820-18-droidworx-motor.aspx

40 amp Jeti ESC's http://www.electricwingman.com/jeti-hicopter-40a-multirotor-esc.aspx

Photohigher AV200 again controlled by A2 or Radian on roll.

It will be hot swappable to carry AV130 for longer flight times IF necessary.

Extended / standard landing gear.

So here we have the base frames and motors assembled.

Thanks to all the help from forum members and advertisers for there increddible support over the last 9 months

Dave

attachment.php

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sort Of..They gave me a deal after the fire and then there was the sale.. so more kit on the way for the dark nights in the new workshop!

When these two are finished and up and running the ADX3 HL that has done all the BBC stuff will be up for sale if any one is interested..

Dave

Maverick

Cool!!!

Whats the difference in the VM and the ADX-3 HL...?

i thought maybe this time you'd have went for the BL gimbals...?

Razzil

What size 4S battery's are your going to be matching up with the AXi 2814/22 motors?
I have the same motors in a small Hex config.
Debating on whether or not to use one big 11,000mah or two smaller 4S's.

ZAxis

Dave ...
How about a photo pointing away from the Y6s so we can see your magnificent workshop. I know it puts McClaren's F1 team to shame so share it with the rest of us.

cheers
andy

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave ...
How about a photo pointing away from the Y6s so we can see your magnificent workshop. I know it puts McClaren's F1 team to shame so share it with the rest of us.

cheers
andy

If I did that andy people may think I do this for a living!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Show me one! They are a pain in the arse as far as I am concerned. Just waiting for one that does not need handling with kid gloves and does not need to be tuned after changing a lens filter or using a different pack on the cam. There are lots of promising ones out there but until I can strap on more than one cam than Ill stick with what I get results with and knowns works..

Dave

nicwilke

Show me one! They are a pain in the arse as far as I am concerned. Just waiting for one that does not need handling with kid gloves and does not need to be tuned after changing a lens filter or using a different pack on the cam. There are lots of promising ones out there but until I can strap on more than one cam than Ill stick with what I get results with and knowns works..

Dave

The plethora of junk phucking brushless gimbals on the market is incredible, and hardly anything works well enough to work. The AV series gimbals are still good (perhaps not the Skyline) . If you fly like a cinematographer, then you keep your craft under control and smooth, servo based gimbals are fine. I agree with Dave, and I'm looking at getting another.

eyeball

I agree on the gimbals...Ive messed with just about all of them brushless and good old servos...albeit there are good brushless versions out there, there just a PITA to dial in and camera specific. And from my experience a well dialled in AV that's "well piloted" will give results just as good...

Quinton

Not to mention another thing, just looked at the weight of the AV130 and it says only 590 grams.
What kind of camera can you put on these things, would they hold a 5D?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
SO I get ready for lift off... then oops! A2 controller will not work with Spektrum TX...

HOW FLAMING ANNOYING!!

So what to do... buy a Futaba!!!?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Not to mention another thing, just looked at the weight of the AV130 and it says only 590 grams.
What kind of camera can you put on these things, would they hold a 5D?

No they aren't big enough and are only really designed for 800g or so. Saying that I have flown a 550D many time on mine. If you want to fit a 5D then it would need to be the AV200. Bomb proof kit.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So smaller vm Y 6 up and flying with the XM Heaney lifter bench commissioned and waiting for the props. Made up with he DW and PH products. Both have had more improvements since the last ones I bought. Lovely kit and if you are thinking of getting a DW frame right now there are some fantastic deals in the Spring Sale

Dave