Catastrophic Failure

weldonassoc

Ok, so I have an XAircraft X650 V4 that was migrated to the DJI Naza M controller. w/ motors and esc's. Firmware: 3.16

I have been testing different scenarios with it for efficiency and payload but have been having problems getting the batteries to last more than 3 or 4 minutes of flight time.

Here's my problem. I just stripped it clean of anything but the basics for flight and was able to get it up and flying with good response. After about 4-5 min., it started to oscillate and came crashing down. Seems that I had this same problem once before, a while back and wasn't able to figure out why.

Any one care to chime in on this one? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris W.

sj257

There may well be far better answers than mine, but I got a similar reaction when a quad motor started to fail. It was intermediate so cutting in and out at first. Worth a check of your motors, for elimination of the problem if nothing else.

Good luck.

sj

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

weldonassoc

Thanks for the response. You could very well be correct. My next step is to upgade all my motors to T-Motor's, 30amp ESC's and upgrade the batteries to either 4s or 6s characteristics.

It just really makes me not want to trust even flying the thing at all.

I have a phantom with Zenmuse H3 2D and a lightweight video tx for FPV. Absolutely love it and have not had a single problem with it in reference to flight failures, etc... It is still on Firmware 3.14 and am really hesitant to upgrading to the 3.16 at this point.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Check the connections to your ESC's too, some have removed bullet connections and soldered direct to the ESC eliminating the bullet plug.

weldonassoc

I am thinking that it just might be the curse of the XAircraft. I have had nothing but problems with this setup since I bought it. I am liking the comments on the S800 Evo right now.

maxwelltub

This sounds like the gains were to high, it is almost certainly nothing to do with that brand of airframe. It sounds you decended to quickly into your props turblant air and the gains got the better of you. In the future if this happens, and it is indeed the problem I think it is, goosing the throttle a bit and flying out of hit would help. But

weldonassoc

This sounds like the gains were to high, it is almost certainly nothing to do with that brand of airframe. It sounds you decended to quickly into your props turblant air and the gains got the better of you. In the future if this happens, and it is indeed the problem I think it is, goosing the throttle a bit and flying out of hit would help. But

Yeah, I'm thinking that wasn't it since I was in a hover when it happened. I also gave it full throttle when it started to spiral and it didn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwelltub

Ah yes i see, I didn't realize that from your first post. There are so many variables with these things that it is very hard to diagnose based of your description. What flight mode where you in?

maxwelltub

Did you notice crazy vibrations? anything loose? Seems like a dumb question but i guess you got to start somewhere.