The elusive Forward 1440 maneuver

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I started the day early with a run at the park. Then it was off to fly a photo project about an hour away. Back home, I needed to do some tuning for a new camera mount as I"m still getting a handle on the Hoverfly GIMBAL settings. After about five flights I was happy with where things were and tweaked the settings one more time and decided to fly one more flight. One more flight...how many pilots have regretted going out for just one more flight? With a couple of minutes of lazy drifting in the can I went for a quick run across the lawn, not really processing the fact that I was getting too low.........

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fQmimssNzy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So instead of putting everything away and catching some rest and relaxation I now have a new project! The good news is that a lot of what I've been working on has paid off. The camera mount was barely scratched in the crashed and the Canon T2i will live to fly another day. THe landing gear moved a bit at impact but twisted right back into place and the batteries stayed with the airframe. The wood props (6 of 8) broke, hopefully saving the motors from any real damage and two of the arms broke. All in all, for the severity of the crash, things are in pretty good shape for a rebuild. :)

View attachment 13416View attachment 13417

Attachments

• DSC08225.jpg
    DSC08225.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC08226.jpg
    DSC08226.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 291

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I guess it's a bad time to say "oh snap!"

You're doing it all wrong. You are supposed to crash into someone, not be out in the middle of your football field sized backyard!

Kilby

Sorry to see that, but it looks like it could have been a lot worse. Any damage to the gimbal?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
also, your timeline extents need to be clipped down to the desired end or it will render black until the end marker.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
you should put a small ski on the bottom and then try to fly it while runs on the ground. Kinda like low altitude training gear.

SMP

Did that same landing approach with one of the Discos just the other day. ;) ;) Sry mate! Glad it wasn't worse! nice tumble ;) ;)

The judge from Russia holds up her score card... It's a 10! Bart brings home the gold in the floor exercise routine!

Just kiddin, Bart. Glad the rig survived so well. Just shows how good your builds are.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bugger I did the same last weekend but I had the excuse that the sun was in my eyes! I'll post mine up for everyone to have a titter about.

We live and learn eye Bart?

Dave