Live stream from ReadyMade RC FPV

ChrisViperM

Looking cool....

That's the statement from Readymade RC:

OK, for anyone curious...This was a Finwing Air Titan prototype. Using a TSLRS for control (very old one!). 1280MHz. Actually threw a 1500mW on there just because we know this plane can fly FAR if we want to. 99% of the time that is too much power. :) Tan receiver with SAW upgrade on antenna pan/tilt. Eagle Tree Pro OSD with Guardian (still need to adjust the settings for this plane). 600XV camera. 2 3s 8000mAh lipos in series, plus a 5100 to add additional weight in the nose. :)

Chris

kloner

Aerial DP
These zephyrs cruising 35-38 and 10 amps with 10,000mah goes an hour. eagle tree osd, i was just curious what the wire cast meant. is that live fpv on the net?

chipwich

I really love flying my multis, and I very much like the entrepreneurial and pioneering spirit this project represents. But the full size pilot in me wonders at one point are folks going to be required to either file a flight plan, or squawk in mode C? Only a mater of time IMHO, if videos like this are public. If I were not in the hobby, it would scare the crap out of me. In uncontrolled airspace, there is still a "see and be seen" requirement. Not much chance of that at 130+ knots that a lot of light planes are capable of. It's hard enough on a hazy day to see other aircraft late in the day. Most a/c are not below a couple of thousand AGL unless near an airport, but I have spent plenty of time tooling around at 3-5k. Just saying.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It seems I am so often out of step with the community on this long-range fpv stuff but personally, I would slap their stupid fat heads and jail the toe rags. What is the point? Fly high and far in civilian airspace just to transmit a crappy image back. Stupid, irresponsible, self-centered, ignorant fat idiots.

DennyR

I really love flying my multis, and I very much like the entrepreneurial and pioneering spirit this project represents. But the full size pilot in me wonders at one point are folks going to be required to either file a flight plan, or squawk in mode C? Only a mater of time IMHO, if videos like this are public. If I were not in the hobby, it would scare the crap out of me. In uncontrolled airspace, there is still a "see and be seen" requirement. Not much chance of that at 130+ knots that a lot of light planes are capable of. It's hard enough on a hazy day to see other aircraft late in the day. Most a/c are not below a couple of thousand AGL unless near an airport, but I have spent plenty of time tooling around at 3-5k. Just saying.

Absolutely right it is only a matter of time before one of these things disappears into the inlet of a fast jet coming from behind. The pilot of a military jet would see a model in front of him for less than two seconds. even in the cruise you are looking at 420 knots.

In the UK you will have military jet activity at 250 feet above the ground in transit to another airfield just to keep away from GA.. (Notam) but who will see a notice board in the model world or even care.

I think that before too long FPV will have to have a realtime position link with ATC's and the pilot will be required to hold at least a PPL or a dedicated CPL. You simply cannot share airspace with people who don't know what they are doing. That pilot couldn't even fly straight and level.

The first step is to make it illegal to sell the stuff to anyone who is not licensed to operate. Fat or otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: