Long Delivery of Wookong then just as long for new Serial for waypoints

DJI or Century the slow one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iflynavy

Hello All.

Last month I purchased a Wookong-M from Century Heli (or Heli-world, one in the same). There website said ships in 2-7 business days. Took about 16+ days for it to ship to me. I then immediately turn around my hardware ID to get my 50 waypoints back to them. As it sits, today I'm at the 10 day mark and still have not received the waypoints.

I'm purely irritated on this. a) With DJI giving away one free waypoint that should have already been on the device when registered. b) Since i purchased a "Pack" that included way points why wasn't the serial number included so I could activate immediately. c) Is this how DJI does business.... SLOW SLOW SLOW.

IF this is the norm from DJI, since it's the reseller saying it's not them but waiting on DJI, I would have much rather spent the time on APM, or one of YS, or one of the others then to pay the premium then get stuck waiting and waiting.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience, and if it is in fact DJI, or is it Century\Heli-World?

Thanks!

I also purchased the 50 waypoint bundle from Heli-World and just submitted my hardware ID to them. I was told that they have to send the ID to DJI and they would email when they receive my new ID.

iflynavy

How long did it take to get the wookong?

When I submitted my hardware I'd they said 2 days because of the time change. That will be two weeks ago tomorrow.

I emailed Heli-World, response below.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase at Helicopter World. We understand your frustration and sincerely apologized for the delay with DJI. However, we as dealers, have our hands tied. We’ve already submitted the hardware ID number to DJI to get an activation code for you and many customers like you. We would love to give you an ETA on when you will receive the activation code but we really don’t know. We did our part of submitting the hardware ID and now it is up to DJI to reply to us with activation codes. Believe me, you are not the only customer who has to wait for their activation code. It may or may not take up to a month, we most certainly hope it will be sooner than that but it is really up to DJI. We urge the customers (you) perhaps send DJI an email to pressure them to move quicker with the process. Once we receive the activation code from DJI, we will send it to you immediately. Thank you.

All the Best,

Julie
Accounting Department
Helicopter World, INC
San Jose, CA
Tele: 408-451-1155
Fax: 408-451-1156

iflynavy

Thanks Spartan!

I appreciate the post, they haven't given me that much of a response as of yet. I think they are sick of me calling :) I actually did find out on Tuesday that they did just switch the person who was handling sales@heli-world and the new guy seems much nicer and on top of things so I'm sure that will help as well. However, never had a response to e-mail but that was pre the new guy too.

I think it's just crazy if that is in fact the case with DJI. I was half tempted to dispute the charge on my credit card at the 45 day mark as not receiving 100% of the goods. I mean to pay all that money and have basically a NAZA is crap. I would also expect heli-world to be a bit better on their online description then as well. To say 2-7 business days on their order form and it to be up to a month for the wookong, then an additional month for serial number.... that is kind of false advertising. I wouldn't have been happy to know it was going to take that long, but at least I wouldn't be irritated that it was taking that long.

Thanks again. I also e-mailed DJI last night after creating my post asking them WTF, they haven't responded as of yet.

I emailed Heli-World, response below.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase at Helicopter World. We understand your frustration and sincerely apologized for the delay with DJI. However, we as dealers, have our hands tied. We’ve already submitted the hardware ID number to DJI to get an activation code for you and many customers like you. We would love to give you an ETA on when you will receive the activation code but we really don’t know. We did our part of submitting the hardware ID and now it is up to DJI to reply to us with activation codes. Believe me, you are not the only customer who has to wait for their activation code. It may or may not take up to a month, we most certainly hope it will be sooner than that but it is really up to DJI. We urge the customers (you) perhaps send DJI an email to pressure them to move quicker with the process. Once we receive the activation code from DJI, we will send it to you immediately. Thank you.

All the Best,

Julie
Accounting Department
Helicopter World, INC
San Jose, CA
Tele: 408-451-1155
Fax: 408-451-1156

@iflynavy

No problem. I have bought several things from Heli-Word with no issues. I jumped all over the deal they were having with WKM, iOSD, Waypoint and received my order within 5 days. The process of requesting a new serial number is broken, DJI has no incentive to make sure they get new serials number to customers since they already have their money. Have read so many posts about DJI customer service being horrible and taking advantage of their customers. This is the first time I'm dealing with DJI support and have to say all those posts have been correct, customer service sucks.

I'm thinking about also emailing Colin Guinn, North America DJI CEO. I doubt that will get me anywhere since DJI china still needs to supply the serial. I like the idea of disputing the charges since the product is useless with the activation.

iflynavy

Spartan

If you wanna give me that e-mail I'll e-mail him as well, or just on my own.

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the credit card aspect is that only hurts heli-world which in this situation may not be fair. That's what I was asking the question if it was them or DJI. I would hate to punish Heli-World for DJI, or vice versa.

I wonder if we have any other options in this situation regarding getting the serial numbers. I can tell you this, if this is going to be how it is, I will find another solution next time.

iflynavy

Thank you, I'll reach out and report back.

I agree if there were more documentation regarding ZeroUAV, APM I would go that route.

Maybe next time I just switch airframes which I hate to do.

This must be a Century Heli thing. When I ordered my package back a month or so ago, I got my 50 wpt code in 48 hours from my vendor (IntelligentUAS). They too had to send my hardware ID to DJI, but, like I said, it was done in two days.

iflynavy

This must be a Century Heli thing. When I ordered my package back a month or so ago, I got my 50 wpt code in 48 hours from my vendor (IntelligentUAS). They too had to send my hardware ID to DJI, but, like I said, it was done in two days.

Thanks @ProPilotWannaBe

I'll have to check them out if I decide to give the wookong a try again after this whole situation.

Agreed.... a free waypoint offering should be made available without the need to receive the hardware and the follow-up with sending the hardware and serial number back thru your Hobby Shop, their supplier all the way back to DJI so that they can confirm a valid hw number, update their database and release back to you via the same 2 or 3 step channels to receive your "activation code for a free waypoint". Most dealers and especially Hobby Shops will be in over there heads with these additional followup steps and not too quick to help after already being paid by the customer. An assessment of 50% DJI and 50% Century is valid under these current circumstances.......

However the add-on waypoints cost extra and DJI has to make sure they are not releasing these add-on updates for free...... ZeroUAV on the otherhand offers free waypoints without these issues with their initial offering(s).

Hello All.

Last month I purchased a Wookong-M from Century Heli (or Heli-world, one in the same). There website said ships in 2-7 business days. Took about 16+ days for it to ship to me. I then immediately turn around my hardware ID to get my 50 waypoints back to them. As it sits, today I'm at the 10 day mark and still have not received the waypoints.

I'm purely irritated on this. a) With DJI giving away one free waypoint that should have already been on the device when registered. b) Since i purchased a "Pack" that included way points why wasn't the serial number included so I could activate immediately. c) Is this how DJI does business.... SLOW SLOW SLOW.

IF this is the norm from DJI, since it's the reseller saying it's not them but waiting on DJI, I would have much rather spent the time on APM, or one of YS, or one of the others then to pay the premium then get stuck waiting and waiting.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience, and if it is in fact DJI, or is it Century\Heli-World?

Thanks!

iflynavy

@Peter

I understand where you are coming from regarding cost and not releasing free items. In my case they were paid for at the same time, thus there was no potential for releasing free items. IN that case when Century placed the order and paid DJI it would have been and could have been taken care of at that time as well.

If it were the case where I was purchasing the additional waypoints well after the fact, I could understand that, or even if I purchased them individual, but when they are offering a PACK including the 50 waypoints during this "Sale" they are doing, you would think they could handle it much more efficiently. For the Month of July DJI was offering 50 waypoints with when you purchased the Wookong M, IOSD, Datalink Bundle they had. If you are purchasing a bundle... why not include everything.

I'm even half way okay with not shipping the serial so that it doesn't get stolen or hacked during transit from China. However you think they could at least make it automated with entering an Order Number and Hardware ID, or even better for them, something that there "partnered resellers" could do via an online web page or system. They force you to register your device when you plug it into the assistant so they have the backend to do something along those lines.

I think your idea since they are now giving a way one free waypoint should be at least to be able to use the datalink to connect, do joystick flight or something. There is a certain learning curve with the Ground Station I would like to plug it in just to fly with it and see the data. Set a single waypoint to figure that out, configure my gimbal.... little things like that I can't even do while I wait.

In my case I'm already behind weeks for the person I built it for, and even when I get it I need to be able to figure it out first.

I just got an email from Heli-World with my new serial number to activate the 50 waypoints. I have applied the new serial to my WKM with no issues.

iflynavy

I just got an email from Heli-World with my new serial number to activate the 50 waypoints. I have applied the new serial to my WKM with no issues.

Spartan

Get this.... they don't have it. Apparently they don't even have the e-mails I sent initially even though both times I waited on the phone to confirm they had it and it was the correct Hardware ID.

According to the guy on the phone, he said they have had some turn over and new people taking care of this aspect and I and others have been "lost" in that transition. On top of which the person at DJI who has been handling it also switched which was part of the delay in general.

So I had to resend the e-mail again, he didn't want to wait to confirm he had it, but said he would reply when he did receive it, so I'm giving it 15 minutes then I'm going to loose my sh!t.

This is absolutely crazy that a company or in this companies do business like this. I can tell you regardless of the price I would never buy from Heli-World again, there customer service stinks, I literally have called every two days for 3 weeks and they just now noticed they lost my stuff? I'm half tempted to dispute the charge on the credit card. Plus, in the States, its illegal to charge a credit card before the merchandise has been shipped, they actually deducted the money the day after I placed the order which was 20 days before they shipped it, and 40 days now and I still don't have a complete product.

UGH!!!!

---UPDATED
As of 4:15 PM today I actually received a confirmation from Edgar with Century that he sent it out to DJI.

Last edited by a moderator:

iflynavy

Hey All.

So Edgar came through!!!! It arrived today, which of course is the first day that it has rained in almost two months. However there was a slight gap and was finally able to test the Waypoints. The flight went well, I didn't do so good though :) I should have planned the first flight a little further then I did, apparently too conservative. I need to dig in and see if you can set a different setting for speed to rise and speed to descend. I'd like to rise faster and lower slower :)

Also I have to get used to the process of controlling everything a bit better. I kept missing a few of the popups when switching from joystick, to waypoint to auto home and stuff.

By any chance does anyone ever have an issue that looks like it's a dot net error? I did get an "unexpected error" once or twice and had to reload the Ground Station.

Only other question is how do you, if in a panic, needed to go back to your remote? Is it as simple as switching to ATTI mode and then back to GPS Or?