Mikrokopter Crash repair help please

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have got my ADX 3 build back up thanks to Geoff at Quadcopter UK but now have the electronics to sort out.

This is the state of play. On the hexa distribution board BL#2 has a red and green light on. All others are green. All motors except the one attached to BL#2 spin up.

These are the errors

Error 18
Error B1 missing
Error value on what I think is BL6 value 127.

Where do I start

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Found this

Status info

Version .82b
0x00 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

BL Ctrl missing (check connections and mixer setup)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well stripped down electronics, swapped out BL2. all green lights on bl dis board now but still same messages. green light on FC, green and red on nav board, green light on compass.
Debug screen says FC and BL cntl board fault red, nav board and MK3mag OK green

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok replaced fried BL.. got all motors spinning up at motor start. :D

Still BL control and FC error :(

My jeti box cannot see temps on motors 2 and 6.:(

Jeti box cannot see compass heading :(

I am beginning to think its the FC as it looks pretty corroded in places

Back to the garage:(

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Flamin harrold.. replaced BL6 and now I have BL5 missing! grrrr..Jeti Box can now see temps on BL6 but not 2 which is a new BL.

Think I ll call it a night..

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
:confused:Ok story so far.

Replaced bl 2 & 6
Replaced FC . Loaded 82b firmware
Uploaded Hexa X3 config file
Uploaded last flight settings
Re flashed Nav 22a firmware.

Error 18 still
And BL missing.

In Jeti Box I am getting error 3 (no comms between FC and NAV control and on the nav control I have a red and green light. I have checked continuity accross the each ribbon cable and they seem fine.:confused:

Strange that this morning its BL1 missing yet last night it was BL5. The temps are back on BL2 but missing now on 1 and 6:confused:

In the BL window (19 flight control) its saying values are all 0 except BL1 which is 127
yet last night this value was at BL5 and BL1 was OK..

I can
1. get all cherps at battery connection
2. calibrate ( I can see ALL info including nav info, GPS, heading, angle, etc.)
3. start motors but they will only spin wont speed up, guess coz its reading a BL error.

Even though I can start motors with the controller I cannot use the motor test function, nothing happens.
ANY SUGGESTIONS would be welcome as I am about to take up grass cutting classes

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
OK

Now I have reloaded the firmware for the nav and fc I have the motor test running. NOW may be my boob but when I start motor 2 2 & 5 run!!!. I am sure I have soldered the correct allocation pads but I will go check.. could it be anything to do with the mixer set up? I wonder alone :(

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
dave,
i wish i could help but it's really tough to diagnose anything without having eyes/hands on it in person. i guess i would start by removing the power board from the copter and just test it on the bench. power it up, see what lights you get or don't get and then flex things, give components a little shove or twist and see what happens. look for cracks, loose connections, lights that are steady that flicker, etc. if you can't find anything obvious at all then i'd hook up motors one at a time and see at what point things stop working. it's possible you have motor problems and not just FC or power board problems.
if you know of a BL that is definitely working correctly maybe you can rig some wires to get each motor tested individually. did the crash cause any interconnecting wires to get pulled much? maybe wires ripped inside of the insulation? it sounds weird that things are working and then not working. that would make me think you have either cracks in boards or connections or wires that are not secure 100% of the time. i'm not a software guy but i'd guess the software is stable and the hardware is stressed somewhere.
maybe some of this helps, maybe it doesn't. i know how enthusiastic you are about your copters and AP/AV so i'm hoping you can get things sorted out.
anyone else familiar with these problems? any other suggestions for Dave?

OK

Now I have reloaded the firmware for the nav and fc I have the motor test running. NOW may be my boob but when I start motor 2 2 & 5 run!!!. I am sure I have soldered the correct allocation pads but I will go check.. could it be anything to do with the mixer set up? I wonder alone :(

If you are worried about the multitude of settings, save your current configuration, and load a default configuration as provided with the firmware. It really doesn't matter which, just get the correct one for your physical configuration, i.e. standard hex for your hex. Forget about your Nav board at this point, just disconnect it. Then set your K1 value for the transmitter throttle to be -125/+125, and run the motor tests. Don't even bother with the calibration of the ACC now.

That is about as basic as you can get it, AFAIK. If that works, then it is your configuration. If it doesn't, then it is hardware: the FC, BL, power distribution board.

?

step one :
you should have soldered the adress exactly the same as the controller that came of it , do NOT solder the adresses what the distribution board says.
simply because the Y3 has 2 engines on one boom so all adresses are different , otherwise you would have a spaggeti of cables.
i hope you kept a backup of the mixer...... when you flashed it.

2 . check all boards singe not as a whole unit.
3. salt water your basicly screwed , normaly if this happens put them in destilated water , rinse them , dry them and if your lucky they work.
same goes for the distribution board.

engines set left boom : up1 down 6
right boom:up3 down 2
aft boom up5 down 4

MKM: Y3

[Info]
Name=HLE-x3
Version=1
[Gas]
Motor1=64
Motor2=74
Motor3=64
Motor4=76
Motor5=64
Motor6=76
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
Motor11=0
Motor12=0
[Nick]
Motor1=32
Motor2=32
Motor3=32
Motor4=-64
Motor5=-64
Motor6=32
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
Motor11=0
Motor12=0
[Roll]
Motor1=64
Motor2=-64
Motor3=-64
Motor4=0
Motor5=0
Motor6=64
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
Motor11=0
Motor12=0
[Yaw]
Motor1=64
Motor2=-64
Motor3=64
Motor4=64
Motor5=-64
Motor6=-64
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
0Motor11=0
Motor12=0
Motor11=0

MKP:
[Setup]
Name=Beginner
IniVersion=4
GlobalConfig=107
GlobalConfig2=3
[Channels]
Nick=3
Roll=2
Gas=1
Gier=4
Poti_1=5
Poti_2=6
Poti_3=7
Poti_4=8
Poti_5=9
Poti_6=10
Poti_7=11
Poti_8=12
Receiver=4
MotorSafetySwitch=0
[Stick]
Nick_Roll-P=4
Nick_Roll-D=4
Gier-P=4
ExternalControl=0
[Altitude]
Setpoint=252
MinGas=30
P=15
Barometric-D=30
Z-ACC-Effect=0
Gain=15
HoverVariation=8
GPS_Z=64
StickNeutralPoint=0
[Gyro]
P=100
I=100
D=15
Gier_P=100
Gier_I=120
DynamicStability=70
ACC_Gyro-Factor=27
ACC_Gyro-Compensation=32
DriftCompensation=0
Stability=6
Main-I=16
[Others]
MinGas=8
MaxGas=230
Compass-Effect=128
UnderVoltage=33
NotGas=45
NotGasTime=90
Orientation=1
CarefreeControl=255
[User]
Parameter_1=0
Parameter_2=0
Parameter_3=0
Parameter_4=0
Parameter_5=0
Parameter_6=0
Parameter_7=0
Parameter_8=0
[Camera]
ServoNickControl=120
ServoNickCompensation=40
ServoNickMin=15
ServoNickMax=247
ServoRollControl=120
ServoRollCompensation=90
ServoRollMin=0
ServoRollMax=247
ServoInvert=2
ServoNickRefreshRate=5
ManualControlSpeed=40
Orientation=0
Servo3=125
Servo4=125
Servo5=125
[Loop]
Config=0
GasLimit=50
StickThreshold=90
LoopHysteresis=50
TurnOverNick=78
TurnOverRoll=78
[Coupling]
YawPosFeedback=90
NickRollFeedback=80
YawCorrection=70
[Output]
J16_Bitmask=95
J16_Timing=20
J17_Bitmask=243
J17_Timing=20
WARN_J16_Bitmask=170
WARN_J17_Bitmask=170
[NaviCtrl]
GPS_ModeControl=254
GPS_Gain=100
GPS_P=90
GPS_I=90
GPS_D=90
GPS_P_Limit=75
GPS_I_Limit=75
GPS_D_Limit=75
GPS_Acc=0
GPS_MinSat=6
GPS_StickThreshold=8
GPS_WindCorrection=100
GPS_SpeedCompensation=30
GPS_MaxRadius=150
GPS_AngleLimit=75
GPS_PH_Login_Time=2

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DroidWorx Europe
Thanks Sandor.. got it figured.. took me a bit of time to understand how the dis board was set up with the BL configs different than the Wiki but worked it out.
SHY FLIES!

I did save the all the settings when I origionally got it from you.. it was my fault for not taking proper note of how the BL's were addressed, I just took the wiki info and used that. It was only when I was examining the did board closely this morning that I noticed it was different. I drew out how it was, and how I had understood it to be and the penny dropped.

Just setting up the AV130 now.

Question the roll poti - should the cogged wheel be free to spin on the shaft or should it be fixed. I am thinking it should be fixed. It spins at the moment without moving the poti so I am getting weird actions on roll

DAve

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
If you are worried about the multitude of settings, save your current configuration, and load a default configuration as provided with the firmware. It really doesn't matter which, just get the correct one for your physical configuration, i.e. standard hex for your hex. Forget about your Nav board at this point, just disconnect it. Then set your K1 value for the transmitter throttle to be -125/+125, and run the motor tests. Don't even bother with the calibration of the ACC now.

That is about as basic as you can get it, AFAIK. If that works, then it is your configuration. If it doesn't, then it is hardware: the FC, BL, power distribution board.

Thanks Rick.. got there in the end.. I just was confused about the BL allocations but Sandor has explained it below.. Once I had figured out how he had set it up I re-did the BL's I had replaced as built.. she's up.

Bart... its awful lonely some times stuck with a problem that know one can help you with, especially when your misses had got fed up of the cursing and chucked you out in the garage!

I did what you suggested and went over the whole thing with a magnifying glass and a torch and found the cause of the problem,

Lesson learned take nowt for granted!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sandor.. have you got that info from the set up that you put in my ADX3>

How do you get that file out of the FC

DAve

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thank You Everyone

Just a quick thanks to everyone who has helped me back up in to the air both on this thread and in PM's and otherwise.

Geoff at Quadcopters.co.uk especially for sorting stuff for me while I was away in Germany and splitting a DW kit so I got arms asap.

Sandor at Digitech for clarifying my set up,

Bart for having a shoulder to cry on and llamatrails for making me go backwards to go forwards

Rob and Linda at DW for encouragement!

I still have a couple od strange things I cannot work out.. like no temp reading from a new BL, and I had to reverse the polarity on one motor fro what it was in its origional config :confused:

Anyway now I can go look at the footage and think well everything is for something and now I know know to solder BL's and dis boards!

Watch out for the footage soon

Dave