Is My iOSD MKii Faulty...?

Maverick

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a DJI iOSD MKii, and fitted it to my Y6. It's a Droidworx ADX-3 V3, using DJI WK-M FC. The install was fairly straight forward, as its basically plug 'n play, apart from the non DJI VTx, and the FreeFly HDMI Converter from my Nex 5n.
Bench testing seemed successful, as all the info was displayed in the right places.
Today, was my first chance to test fly it, so I went to the field, re-calibrated my GPS, (free from mobile phone interference, keys, etc...) and then took off.
After my initial hover, and checking that everything was reading correctly, I flew straight ahead about 100 metres, and stopped, when I noticed that my DISTANCE guage wasn't reading anything! - the guage was there, just no value next to it... Also,the diamond in the centre of the screen, never moved, regardless of my orientation.
Has anyone else experienced this before...? Is my iOSD faulty...?

Maverick.

Tahoe Ed

That tells me that the WKM did not read your home point before taking off. I would give it a little more time then lift off. If it is reading correctly on the ground, it should then record the correct positions in the air.

Maverick

Yes, HOME POINT was recorded successfully....Green Flashes... (FW 5.12a)
I've tried turning the craft round, while on the ground, (after green flashes) but the nose heading diamond remains in the centre...
I've checked the manual, in case there was a minimum FW requirement, but only for the NAZA, not WK-M.
All other gauges are reading correctly, i.e. voltage, sats (9), height, mode, pitch, roll, etc...

Any other suggestions...?

Maverick

Maverick

Thanks for the replies folks - I'll try a 'more current' FW, like 5.20. Don't know if I'll chance the latest.....

Maverick.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i tried looking to see what version im on,,, it's the first of the new interface. Thing went from flying like a naza to flying like a mikrocopter.... it's a good update

make sure the osd has the latest firmware too

Maverick

i tried looking to see what version im on,,, it's the first of the new interface. Thing went from flying like a naza to flying like a mikrocopter.... it's a good update

make sure the osd has the latest firmware too

"from flying like a NAZA to flying like a Mikrokopter"..... I take it, that's a good thing then...???

What version is the 'first of the new interface'...?

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm on 5.22...... think that's the first one.... the one before this went away fast cause it was buggy, then one after was for the bluetooth led

Maverick

i'm on 5.22...... think that's the first one.... the one before this went away fast cause it was buggy, then one after was for the bluetooth led

Cheers Kloner.

I already have 5.20 downloaded, from when it first came out, but never got updating to it... You said it was buggy...? I never knew that. So, I should stay from it then...???

EDIT:
I just read on another thread there, that 5.22 is the BT UPDATE, with the iPhone app. and the new GUI. I'll test out 5.20 in the morning, and see how it goes...

Maverick

UPDATE :

I upgraded the FW to 5.20 and upgraded the iOSD ii to the latest as well.

Took her out today, and after getting the right gains dialled in, in a huge shed, (as it was very windy here today), I took her outside. Initially, after locking on to 10 satellites, before take-off, still no "D" value, but as soon as I made the CSC, I got the cyan LED flashes, which is the new 'Home Point Recorded Successfully' colour. Immediately, the "D" value appeared, and the nose heading diamond was moving.
So I flew around for a bit, and all the readings seemed to be about right.

Thanks guys for all of your inputs. Much appreciated.

DJI should specify in their user manual, that in order for it to work with the WK-M, there is a minimum FW requirement...just like the NAZA.

Maverick.