Full throttle climb problems

Bruno28

Hello,

I have a Naza M on a Qu4d from steadidrone, with T-motors and one hobbywing 4x20amp esc.
When I use attitude mode and give full throttle to climb, its not as fast as manual.
But if I put on manual and give full throttle, the quad gives a dramatic left aileron while climbing.

I also get some elevator (front flight) if i give rudder to one side and then the other, the quad unbalances and does either elevator front or elevator back depending on the rudder input.
Whats the problem here?
Its all running on latest firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Atti mode is just what it says, you will also find your left, right, forward and back movements are restricted. Unless you're good with Man mode, it is best to stick with ATTI until then.

Bruno28

Atti mode is just what it says, you will also find your left, right, forward and back movements are restricted. Unless you're good with Man mode, it is best to stick with ATTI until then.

Yes, i know. I can fly manual, cause its like flying helicopter, which I have also.
But in manual, when i give full throttle, the quad automatically gives left aileron (yaw left), even though im not giving left aileron.
Even on ATTI mode, when I give full throttle, the quad does a left aileron (yaw left) giggle. Not as bad as in manual though.

Might it be a esc calibration problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

mongo

lost soul
sounds more like a problem with one, or more, of the motors. when ya land and shut the motors down, does one of them stop sooner than the others, consistently?
spin each by hand and feel for bearing drag/roughness. try recalibrating the ESCs.

Bruno28

sounds more like a problem with one, or more, of the motors. when ya land and shut the motors down, does one of them stop sooner than the others, consistently?
spin each by hand and feel for bearing drag/roughness. try recalibrating the ESCs.

No they don't, two stop before. then the other two stop.

No they don't, two stop before. then the other two stop.
Manual mode has a way of revealing any inbalances of props, or motors that aren't have additional drag, or CG that isn't totally centered... So mongo was pointing out a possible source for the imbalance. Look into that or other things that make your MR not be totally symetrical.

Bruno28

I have just done the re-calibration of each ESC, and now the motors start all at different throttle positions. They are all out of sync. Ive re-calibrated 6 times and now its all messed up.
What do I do?

Bruno28

solved calibration problem
My JR 11x always sets throttle to 10 instead of 0 at low stick when you do a new model. So silly!
Now i was able to calibrate my esc and all is working.