Wont hover really

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Try putting black tape on both sides of the naza, sunlight does weird things to them... the worst is altitude problems.

I was just inspecting the GPS puck and it appears that the black bottom was cracked in the crash I had.. i wonder if it could be affecting this? If so does anyone have a link where i might be able to order another one?

i was just testing, I have moved the battery to the bottom side as i read in another post.. I am not sure if it fixed anything but it does seem to hoover a little bit better, I put black tape on both sides of the naza, The problem i am getting is now is it drfits to the right slowly and to correct it i have to go hard left.. So still no real hoover..

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Always nice when you try to offer information, then the OP tells you he wrecked it before hand. <---- Kinda vital information that should be shared in your original post don't you think?

If you are drifting, you could possible have a damaged motor. Bent shafts rubbing on the bearings will make you drift.... remove the props and check the motors for friction or tight spots, when shutting down the motors, see if one stops quicker then the others.

They all stop just about the same time.. None of them stop faster then the others.. I do have a dung up prop or two that might need to be replace and i am headed to the hobby store today to try this..

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
A slightly damaged prop could certainly cause this.... for future reference, never fly with a damaged prop. For the cost of a replacement prop $2 - $10 or so, or you could be replacing $300 or more. For me, the prop is the best alternative... lol

tstrike

pendejo grande
I have read the manual several time.. I cant find anything that could be causingf this problem
Who built and programmed it? How did you arrive at those values in your auto pilot settings? Who programmed the radio? Do you know how to program your radio along with setting up your failsafe properly?
Before you can say there's a problem you've got to make sure the ship's set up correctly. Sorry if these questions offend you but for all I can tell from the video is how a hex would look being flown by some one without much rc experience and judging by some of your questions I would guess you're kinda new to this which is cool, we all were once.
read your manual
again

Edit: watched some of your videos on utube and you can fly your phantom pretty care free so you have some experience with naza and quads which is good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah i am pretty good, i just am not good at this HEX lol.. I got it about two weeks ago and i started out playing with it just up and down the street.. from what i can remember when i was changing out the props to APC i screwed up the threads on one of the motors.. Keep in mind it flew fine till then.. Then when I changed the motor i hook it up wrong which started all my problems> it was backwards.. Well when I did this and before I knew what was wrong I went out to fly it with the new props and it took a lot of throttle to get it to lift off.. I didn't think anything of it as I read with the new 3.14 update it will be over half to even get to lift off.. Well it took off and the shot across the street over a house into a fence and shattered in to several pieces.. Again, I still didn't know the motor was hook up wrong.. So I put it back together (3 new arms) and guess what I wired them wrong again and for several hours couldn't figure out why all it was doing was flipping over..(I have 3 big gashes on my legs because of this)... Well after a lot of tech support from here and from a couple groups on Facebook we figure out the motors where wired backwards.. So here we are now.. I have replaced two motor, which weren't the problem, I have calibrated the imu (Basic/Advanced Passed Both) (several times), I have adjusted the gains to the book and to the gains in this thread, I have changed the dinged up props (flipping over). I have done the GPS dance (Several Times), (I have read the manual), I have calibrated the TX several time and it is dead on green in the naza assistant, I also centered the GPS puck over the naza so it is set at 0,0,-10, I also moved the 4s battery to the underside of the HEX..

The problem I am currently having is the hoover issues but it seems to be caused by or has something to do with the fast flashing read light I get after take off.. before I take off I wait till the 20 fast flashing lights and then a slow blinking green light. Once I get it in the air that REALLY FAST RED light appears and it wont hoover and wants to drift to the right..

In the video, that up and down is the HEX doing that by itself... When it starts to drop i am raise up to get it to come up.. The drifting right is part of the problem

The fast red flashing LED is either GPS calibration, or low voltage. So let me ask a few more questions that might help the forum give you some ideas:
1) Have you tried disconnecting the GPS and flying in Attitude mode as suggested earlier? Do you get that same kind of erratic behavior?
2) Are you sure your battery is fine and was not damaged in the earlier crash? Have you tried flying with one of your other batteries? Do you have voltage monitors connected? Can you confirm what your loaded voltage is while "hovering" (or attempting to)?
3) Are you sure all of your motors are working just fine? And all your solder points to the motors?

No I haven't tried this.. I am not sure i can fly it in attitude mode.. Never tried...

I have two batteries and both seem to work fine.. They both charge and the red light does the same thing on both batteries.

All the motors appear to be working.. I changed out two of them just to see if anything changed and nothing changed.. They all stop at the same time and appear to move right..

I totally sympathize with your uncertainty of flying in Attitude mode. I still get a nervous when flying in Att or Man modes. However, I strongly suggest you practice that a lot on you Phantom. Knowing how to fly the other two modes will be invaluable to you, especially in emergency situations. I can personally tell you of two crashes I had where it could have been avoided had I been more proficient in MAN or AtT modes. In this case, it will also help pinpoint if your issues is with your GPS or not.

Our answer to the other questions bodes well for those components. I would recommend buying a couple of voltage monitors from Amazon... $6 each will also be invaluable in the long run for saving your aircraft. In this case it would also help you rule out if you battery voltage is dropping too significantly and causing you some of the problem.

Which leads to my last question: What is the C rating of your batteries and are you sure that it is enough for this hex? I'm suspecting that it is enough only because you said it flew fine initially.