Aeronavics / Droidworx CX600 build

nicwilke

Ok, jumped the gun a little on AUW.
It's RTF at a chubby 3540g.
View attachment 13159
My pmm from zero was purchased direct. I'm not using ZeroUAV on this CX600 though.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376124136688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376124136688.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 379

nicwilke

Ok, cold here in Albury NSW, but I went out front under the street light, and flew for 20mins. This SuperX is seriously the best flight controller I've ever flown. Yes, best. It is so stable, and flys fluidly. I'm used to Naza and ZeroUAV YS X6, and this thing is incredibly good. I must say that the flight times are great on my setup. Didn't break a sweat on the batteries or motors.

ChrisViperM

Ok, cold here in Albury NSW, but I went out front under the street light, and flew for 20mins.

That's the true spirit.....

This SuperX is seriously the best flight controller I've ever flown.......

I guess you don't say something like that for fun....since I also got one waiting on my bench, that's exacly the music I want to hear.....was it difficult to set-up and / or tune....???

Your bird looks pretty mean, but one thing I know for sure: on my CX600 all LiPo's will get a new, black heat-shrink......I never could figure out why they always use this childish colours to wrap LiPo's.....:tennis:

My your bird never crash.......

Chris

nicwilke

Yes, been slinging it under for time testing on single battery. I know they work on the legs, but I have 5000'5, not 2x 2500's.
I prefer the CX600 over the XM6 now. Sell the XM6. :D

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

ChrisViperM

I prefer the CX600 over the XM6 now. Sell the XM6

Great......The XM was already ordered, but I changed my mind and ordered the SkyJib Titanium X4....should get it together with the CX600 any day now.

Any more news on the performance of the SuperX....???

Chris

nicwilke

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376654850038.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376654850038.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 267
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376654896153.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376654896153.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 425
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376654920534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376654920534.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 249

ChrisViperM

OSD I got already....Data Link sounds great, judging from your pics it looks super simple to operate.....I guess slowly DJI will have to reconsider their policies :tennis:

Chris

nicwilke

Since moving the SuperX to the XM6, I've decided to sell my awesome CX600 frame and some parts.
Droidworx CX600 airframe with extended landing gear. Only missing bit is the clip for quick release on the air frame. Can be sourced from Droidworx or you can bolt it directly to the gear. It's not really needed if you don't want to disassemble the gear.
Selling with 4x Avroto motors (I kept the Tmotors for the hex). Avroto motors in excellent order.
Droidworx PDB (octo) incase you want to go coax. 6 Xoar 12x5's wood props (3 counter rotating pairs)
4x 40A ESC's (plush)
4x 5000mah 4s lipos in excellent condition.
2 axis brushless gimbal with Alexmos (tuned to 4s voltage and for hero3 but you can tune yourself with other hero models.

No flight controller, just add a Naza or SuperX and you are rockin.

koptercam

RED Epic or ARRI Mini? Both!
hey mate,
Ive just finished building a cx600 frame and im having a few problems with vibration coming from the landing gear. Without landing gear, it flies great... but once i attach the landing gear with the dual battery setup... i get bad oscillation vibrations. Did this ever happen to you? any tips?

nicwilke

hey mate,
Ive just finished building a cx600 frame and im having a few problems with vibration coming from the landing gear. Without landing gear, it flies great... but once i attach the landing gear with the dual battery setup... i get bad oscillation vibrations. Did this ever happen to you? any tips?

Hi mate,
What flight controller are you using? It sounds to me that you are a little heavy for the setup with 2 batteries. I had oscillations too, with twin 5000mah 6s batteries. I found that going from 14 to 13 inch props fixed that, but I can also dial out the oscillations with gains setting on the transmitter with the SuperX.

Cheers.

koptercam

RED Epic or ARRI Mini? Both!
Cheers for the quick reply!

My setup is as follows:
FC: DJI NAZA v2 w/ GPS
Motors: Tiger Motor MN3508-16 kv700
Props: T-Motor 11x4.5
Battery: 2x 3600mah 4S

I have been reading that tiger props require less gain than your standard APC's or Graupners. Im not sure how different the gain settings are on the SuperX compared to DJI, but my settings at the moment sit at 120,120,120,140 | 135,135. Did you find better results with your gains higher or lower?