Aeronavics / Droidworx CX600 build

nicwilke

While waiting for the PDB, ESC's and Motors to arrive, I've put off building for the week, but did start playing around with customising the shell. I'll do the bottom cowling tomorrow, but thought I'd share.
e2eputuv.jpg

u8yvy9ap.jpg

I will clear coat this, but not 100% sure that I like it. I was thinking about military drone grey all over with the white aeronavics and droidworx decals...

ChrisViperM

Looking cool, but to paint it completely grey is boring....:tennis:

I would paint from the front to about the middle with a transparen grey colour to give it a grey carbon look: http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Sp...rent-Middle-Grey/Transparent-Middle-Grey.html

Than take in the same tone a solide grey and cover the body from the back up to the middle and than blend it into the transparent/carbon.......(is that called "colour gradient" in English ???)

There is some more stuff in case you wanna get creative:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/stainless/

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/mirage/

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalSpecks/

Chris

Razzil

What motors, esc's etc... do you have planned for the build?
I'm planning on another CX build myself soon ...

DJI Wookong-M with DJI GPH3 Zenmuse
AXi 2814/22 DE motors
13x6.5 RCTimer props
DJI 30a Opto ESC's
4S haven't decided on one big or two medium size batterys yet

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

My choice of motors will be Tmotor MN3508-29, and I'll swing 13x4.5's or 14x5 props (Tmotor if I can find them.).
I'll use 6s, most likely twin 4000's, or 5000's.
Waiting on motors and PDB, so I'm another week away from building.

I am looking at 15 to 20 safe minutes flight with a Hero Black.

nicwilke

Is that paint or a decal. If paint you did a nice job ! Well actually, if a decal it is nice also.

Hi, I sanded it back, repainted in gloss black, and will redo it. It's just too checker looking with the white base coat, so the black should look more authentic carbon fibre.

ChrisViperM

Nic...what was the reason you have choosen a low-KV motor ? I know that Droidworx recommends low-KV motors for all their new birds, but they don't state any reason for that. From my understanding and limited experience, lower KV with bigger blades will give you longer flight times, but is more vulnerable to wind and doesn't give the "lock-in" precise feeling like with higher KV and smaller blades. Not trying to start an academic discussion, just want to find out if I am on the wrong track....

Thanks

Chris

nicwilke

I chose these for long flight times. The lock in feeling I can get with the XM6 with the YS-X6, but I don't think that a little rig like this will be terrible in wind with those motors. This machine will be a gopro hero3 rig only, so light weight. It will sport a 3 axis alexmos gimbal from Ecopter, so video stability will be pretty good. My plan is to do an autonomous flight over a lake (10km) and auto land. This is a drone, not a camera rig. This is for fun.
I have 13 and 14 inch props to try.

Hi, just tryed to pm you but your inbox is full.

I was hoping you might be able to help me with my SkyJib x8, running YS-X6.
I took it out for its maiden yesterday after about a year in the making.

Ive had some issues with the gcs showing motor imbalance, ive checked the motor alignment, prop balance and weight distribution of the multi rotor. I thought it could have been because i had the cinestar gimbal under it with no camera, so i added weight, to make the weight even.

It seems nothing has helped, im getting the fast flashing red light and motor imbalance warning.
Im running kw10 motors with apc 14x4.5 slow flys. total weight is around 8kg. 47% throttle to hover.

I was flying in gusty winds up to about 25km. Could that have any effect on it?
I get the motor imbalance warning, telling me not to take off on the gcs when in manual mode sitting on the ground. If i flick in to manual alt it says good. But then when in the air i get the same motor imbalance warning.

I really hope you have some ideas, because im lost at the moment.

Cheers Ryan

ChrisViperM

Thanks for the info...

My plan is to do an autonomous flight over a lake (10km) and auto land.

Will be more than interesting to see the result....

This is a drone, not a camera rig

Mind your words....PRISM is watching you :tennis:

Good luck with your project

Chris

nicwilke

Hi, just tryed to pm you but your inbox is full.

I was hoping you might be able to help me with my SkyJib x8, running YS-X6.
I took it out for its maiden yesterday after about a year in the making.

Ive had some issues with the gcs showing motor imbalance, ive checked the motor alignment, prop balance and weight distribution of the multi rotor. I thought it could have been because i had the cinestar gimbal under it with no camera, so i added weight, to make the weight even.

It seems nothing has helped, im getting the fast flashing red light and motor imbalance warning.
Im running kw10 motors with apc 14x4.5 slow flys. total weight is around 8kg. 47% throttle to hover.

I was flying in gusty winds up to about 25km. Could that have any effect on it?
I get the motor imbalance warning, telling me not to take off on the gcs when in manual mode sitting on the ground. If i flick in to manual alt it says good. But then when in the air i get the same motor imbalance warning.

I really hope you have some ideas, because im lost at the moment.

Cheers Ryan

Recalibrate your ESC's and see how that goes. Make sure you arm the system, and do throttle endpoints.
The flashing could mean you are drawing too many amps from your packs. What c-rating are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Im using Herkules esc, which has fixed end points. What should the throttle range show? is it 7-90?
Im using the nano tech 8000 25-50c.

The magnetic compass calibration, is that just for the GPS or is that needed for manual mode as well?
I tryed to do it via the gcs on my computer but couldn't get good results, im waiting to borrow a friends android phone to re do it, as i was told the pc gcs doesnt work very well, when doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Are you using the power management module?
Im using Herkules esc, which has fixed end points. What should the throttle range show? is it 7-90?
Im using the nano tech 8000 25-50c.

The magnetic compass calibration, is that just for the GPS or is that needed for manual mode as well?
I tryed to do it via the gcs on my computer but couldn't get good results, im waiting to borrow a friends android phone to re do it, as i was told the pc gcs doesnt work very well, when doing it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

No Im not using the power module, do the alerts work with out the module?
Do you get the red flashing lights in windy conditions?

nicwilke

The only alert I take notice of with wind or rough conditions is the purple or white lights. The PMM (power manangement module) measures Amps so give the FC realtime usage. Its how I managed to find I was needing to go from 30A (my system theoretically was OK with 30A) but when I wrung its neck with throttling to climb high and saw I was getting high amps (thus shutting the ESC's into safe mode) and losing control (it would land safely). I think the PMM would be a good addition, as it does take some of the light flashing codes away that are not necessary as the PMM makes is more tolerant to battery usage. For instance, I'd get battery low error flashes on the XM6 without the PMM, now I get a more accurate reading as the FC gets better power data, its not flat battery that is triggering the alert, its sucking amps on climb (my 4s are only 25c, should be at least 30c for gutsy lifting). Anyway, I only use a hero at the moment.... Sorry for the disjointed explanation.