XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

Dhardjono

I have had good results putting mouse pad under my camera on my gimbal.
Jonathan What kind of fpv monitor and bracket are u running?

mouse pad under hero what gimbal is that you are using i am using arris 2000 gimbal and 5 inch monitor and immerce receiver they are seperate .

Av8Chuck

There are three ways to reduce vibrations in multirotors, balance the motors and props, isolate the source of the vibration from the frame, or dampen the vibration.

Moongel was developed to dampen high frequency vibrations on snare drums and cymbals. If the frequency of your vibration is within the narrow frequency that Moongel was designed to dampen then it can be very effective. Unfortunately, especially with heavy lift motors with larger props the KV is lower producing lower frequency vibrations and the Moongel will actually make it worse. But its an inexpensive and easy solution to test.

In order to isolate the source of the vibration from the frame, no part of the motor mount can touch the frame. These motor mounts have a plastic sleeve that surrounds the bolt running through the center of the rubber grommet and are pretty effective. These are not available for the X650 but simply putting some type of material between the motor and the frame will not isolate the vibration.

So that leaves the best solution and easiest solution, use quality motors and props and balance them. In the previous video where someone was showing how much vibration there was running it up while holding it in your hand there is one or more motor prop combinations way out of balance causing that, so no amount of Moongel or isolation will be able to overcome that.

You can spend a lot of time chasing vibrations, the best way is to get rid of them at the source and balance the motors and props. Another thing that helps is to have a very rigid frame, if the frame is "loose" the vibration can be amplified with a mix of horizontal and vertical vibrations as well as medium and high frequency vibrations making it more difficult to suppress.

View attachment 15309View attachment 15310

Attachments

• _D6A0086.jpg
    _D6A0086.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 192
  • _D6A0091.jpg
    _D6A0091.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 317

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Here is one of those "I feel dumb" questions what is a mouse pad? I have seen many mouse pads on the market I myself use the Roccat 'Alumic' but that is a metal based product, so just what sort of mouse pad are we talking about?, not that I am thinking of using it given the previous post.

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
View attachment 19129

a computer mouse pad...like seen above.

The material is spongy and somewhat soft. Might make a good dampener material when cut into smaller pieces.

Okay got it thanks, I have just placed some moongel under the 4 spacers on my set up only 1 quick flight as the wind is springing up but seemed to improve the slight vibrations I had, Photos not that good but gives you the idea

David

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 252
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:

VIQuad

Okay got it thanks, I have just placed some moongel under the 4 spacers on my set up only 1 quick flight as the wind is springing up but seemed to improve the slight vibrations I had, Photos not that good but gives you the idea

David

what photos?

VIQuad

You edited the post to add the pictures later.
I was saying there were no pictures in the post when I saw it.

I think this area is the weak spot and where alot of "flex" and vibration is transferred.

View attachment 19134

And I think adding a small thin(3-4mm) silicone block/strip between the top frame and where those circle dampeners meet, it would help with cancelling or minimizing vibrations that get transferred to the lower half of the quad. You would need longer screws that hold on the dampener, because now that screw would need to be long enough to go through the thin silicone block, through the quad frame and then into the dampener.

View attachment 19136
View attachment 19135
somthing like this block but a small thin strip to fit or be sandwiched between the two pieces. Thats my solution to help cut down on vibrations coming from the motors, props, etc. And keep it minimized...just less transferring to the lower half of the quad and into the load pipes and then into the gimbal. It will act as a little rubber footing, or silicone whatever....

Dhardjono

Did Xaircraft tell you to try the mouse pad thing under the motors? what did they tell you

I did not ask him that first email was this-Hi Daniel.
From the video it looks as though you need to adjust the gain toeliminate the vibration. If you are not using an SBUS set-up your gainis marked G on the IOV2 box. That lead should be allocated to aproportional dial and can be adjusted via radio in flight from -50% to+200%. If you are using a Futaba SBUS receiver you need to allocatethe gain, or channel 7, to either LD or RD (left or right dial). Ihaven't used the 8J radio, I fly with a 14SG, but the principle shouldbe about the same.The factory settings for the gain should be set on 1.0 which shouldessentially be left alone, and the fine tuning done in flight fromthat dial.Let me know how you go. If more issues persist email me the flight logfrom the BlackBox and I will see if there are other issues like motoralignment or calibration problems.Regards,Anthonythere 5 more other question i ask and 5 more email .

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
You edited the post to add the pictures later.
I was saying there were no pictures in the post when I saw it.

I think this area is the weak spot and where alot of "flex" and vibration is transferred.

View attachment 19134

And I think adding a small thin(3-4mm) silicone block/strip between the top frame and where those circle dampeners meet, it would help with cancelling or minimizing vibrations that get transferred to the lower half of the quad. You would need longer screws that hold on the dampener, because now that screw would need to be long enough to go through the thin silicone block, through the quad frame and then into the dampener.

View attachment 19136
View attachment 19135
somthing like this block but a small thin strip to fit or be sandwiched between the two pieces. Thats my solution to help cut down on vibrations coming from the motors, props, etc. And keep it minimized...just less transferring to the lower half of the quad and into the load pipes and then into the gimbal. It will act as a little rubber footing, or silicone whatever....

Have you done this or just surmising it might work? from what I can see the lower plate is already well isolated in that a metal ring surrounds the rubber grommet holding the two pipes, I assume you recommendation is front and back? I can't see a need right now but thank you for your suggestion, maybe 720 @ 60 is the way to go!

David

VIQuad

I understand what he is saying, makes sense. I understand his process to make adjustments.

But I think some of the micro vibrations we are talking about come from the motors or props themselves. And are being transferred to the lower half of the quad. Plus slight wind could be a factor.

My props where pretty well balanced and the motors leveled, but I still got small micro vibrations in the video. At random times as well. My gains are set to 1.0 across the board and I use the RD knob on the Futaba 8FG radio to smooth out the hoover. I dont have any oscillations or wobble, just sits there flat hoover. so I dont feel like its the gains. Its coming from the props and motors perhaps. But like I said the props balance fine and motors seem fine as well. So back to my "flex" theory, I feel like that spot is were the micro vibrations are being transferred down to the lower half of the quad and into the load pipes then into the gimbal.

VIQuad

Have you done this or just surmising it might work? from what I can see the lower plate is already well isolated in that a metal ring surrounds the rubber grommet holding the two pipes, I assume you recommendation is front and back? I can't see a need right now but thank you for your suggestion, maybe 720 @ 60 is the way to go!

David

Yes, I am in the process of doing this. I'm still waiting for one part but with the holidays shipping is taking longer.

View attachment 19137

Dhardjono

View attachment 15313ViQuad you got it wright i also email xair America he ask me sen report i will i have a video today fly it up loading. that gut Richard from fb group he just show how he fly it around i ask him where the footage of the on baord camera he said he must get padding . He is using dji gimbal. Most of the video on x650pro is little on camera and more of it flying around only couple good ones like x AMERICA has one that drew did but most are jello effect.
:tennis::upset::02.47-tranquillity:

Attachments

• 20131224_144442.jpg
    20131224_144442.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 163

VIQuad

ViQuad you got it wright i also email xair America he ask me sen report i will i have a video today fly it up loading. that gut Richard from fb group he just show how he fly it around i ask him where the footage of the on baord camera he said he must get padding . He is using dji gimbal. Most of the video on x650pro is little on camera and more of it flying around only couple good ones like x AMERICA has one that drew did but most are jello effect.
:tennis::upset::02.47-tranquillity:

Yes I know and I agree.

There is not much out there that isnt stabilized to sell more product. The real raw out of the camera video from a X650 pro is sparse. Some people have a vested interest in stabilizing the video from the camera because it can help sales. :D And I'm aware of that, and thats fine with me. I just want to know what can be done to cure some of these minor issues. Until I'm there to see the quad fly and then play back the footage immediately on the computer with out any post production, I'm skeptical. :D

Oh sh*t...didnt see the video before. Dayum Trees!!!

Dhardjono

You like that vquad i was a bad boy so santa punish me it ok broke 3 prop and 30009 arm holder my fult i did not have gps cause it stop working again from 1st crash i will buy new one . I was trying fpv with 650 , believe it or not i do fpv with my phantom all the way around the island i follow the trail had no crash . Those mouse pad did not help it reducing vibration the video was not touch raw unedited no filter.

VIQuad

You like that vquad i was a bad boy so santa punish me it ok broke 3 prop and 30009 arm holder my fult i did not have gps cause it stop working again from 1st crash i will buy new one . I was trying fpv with 650 , believe it or not i do fpv with my phantom all the way around the island i follow the trail had no crash . Those mouse pad did not help it reducing vibration the video was not touch raw unedited no filter.

Ha!..well at least everything is replaceable. As long as no one dies...ha j/k :D

Well I guess the mouse pad was worth a try. Can you upload a picture of the mouse pad motor mount you did? I'd like to see how you did it.