XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I think its a little foolish to release a gimbal with out any footage or video of the product. Maybe its still to early, or it hasn't been officially announced?

But with all the claims, I'd like to see some footage of it in action in various settings. Seems interesting...

It's only in pre release mode, no price mentioned and I am sure they will do a video (s) for the release.

David

Aerovideo

I'd buy a gimbal for a dollar without seeing it in action ;)

Actually, I made an impulse purchase of my GoodLuckBuy 3axis GoPro gimbal without seeing it in action and it turns out to be a decent little gimbal.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I'd buy a gimbal for a dollar without seeing it in action ;)

Actually, I made an impulse purchase of my GoodLuckBuy 3axis GoPro gimbal without seeing it in action and it turns out to be a decent little gimbal.

Hmm! I have a bridge in Sydney harbour for sale, not a dollar! how about $1,999.00 I'll take PayPal or direct deposit :nevreness: you know you want it, be the envy of all your mates

David

Dhardjono

Can share a video of there 650 pro with any gimbal s flying i want to see if you all have same vibration jello like video . i am getting lots of vibration . The gui is 1.0 if i bring it up or down will it eliminate some vibrations. Fustration dude i am chatting now with Hobby Wing try get some answer.

Aerovideo

Hmm! I have a bridge in Sydney harbour for sale, not a dollar! how about $1,999.00 I'll take PayPal or direct deposit :nevreness: you know you want it, be the envy of all your mates

David

Wow a bridge for only $1999! What a deal!

Now if I could only remember my Paypal login ;)

Dhardjono

Can share a video of there 650 pro with any gimbal s flying i want to see if you all have same vibration jello like video . i am getting lots of vibration . The gui is 1.0 if i bring it up or down will it eliminate some vibrations. Fustration dude i am chatting now with Hobby Wing try get some answer.

Looklike no one has any video to share yesterday i went out my gps came back here a video of it the super x did a good job of holding position at wind of 5 to 10 mph
also try setting gui at 1.5 on all the gains and it made it worse vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:

wbrownj

Well there is a raging storm outside my window here in London and so I finished up some bits on my xa650 Pro and thought I would post a few pictures and videos for you.
I appreciate any comments etc. especially should you see anything that is 'not right' !!

One question I have is that all told, the take off weight is 2.34Kg. Is that too much? I run on a 5000mah 4S lipo.

Here are some pictures:

Here is the quad with new and somewhat standard fluorescent yellow boom wraps. I used to have white, but really the yellow looks better and is more visible against the sky. Hanging off the front is the gimbal, but more on this later.
View attachment 15280

This picture shows how I have configured the component placement. It all seems fairly neat to me. Further to a recent question I posted, you can see here how I now have the auto-pilot oriented.
View attachment 15281

So here is the new gimbal. It is from GoodLuckSell and it slides directly onto the hanger tubes which makes for easy mounting and removal. It is not a bad gimbal and worked pretty much out of the box once I had worked out the best way to position the GoPro. The gimbal is a bit deeper than the smaller ones and can accommodate any model of Gopro (I think) so for my GP3be I ended up making a Styrofoam block at the back to support my GP and then used a Velcro ribbon to secure it.
View attachment 15282

This is my Gaui GV100 FPV system which now sports cloverleaf antennas. Because of the weather I have not yet tried them. FPV remains new territory for me so when the weather breaks (if ever) I look forward to giving it all a go.
View attachment 15283

Here are my two ubecs. One is for 7.4 volts to power the lighting system and one is for 12v to power the gimbal
View attachment 15284

Here is a look at the gimbal when it is off the quad
View attachment 15285

Originally on the top was the exposed controller circuit board but I thought it would be pretty susceptible to moisture if it started to rain when I was in flight so I used duck tape to make a cover for it.
View attachment 15286

Finally here is a back view. This shows two sets of cables. One set is for power and the other is where I have added a connector plug for the video feed. This permits me to leave the GP in place and still be able to remove the gimbal just by disconnecting two sets of wires and sliding it off the hanger rods. That in itself is pretty convenient :)
View attachment 15287

Here now is a video of the beast....
Note that there is a little jiggle in the gimbal, but that is really a factor of me holding it one handed while trying to keep the video on target with my other hand... in reality the gimbal is pretty darn steady.

Finally, for the FPV monitor I have made a visor to help visibility of the screen in bright daylight. Again, not tested but is seems like it might be good. It is mad from the plastic cover of a ring binder folder and has been cut and creased into shape. It attaches to the monitor with Velcro and is therefore easy to install or remove and also it fold completely flat for easy storage.

If you have any comments or suggestions I can always learn from your experience.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas one and all.

Jonathan

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 319
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 326
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 278

Dhardjono

Looks good Wbrown i like it i like those lights what gimbal are you using . i like the light signal in the back for me so i can see which is the back side but that just my like. I like to see how it fly i added mouse pad under each motor just to see if it less vibration but from dji face book forum Richard sugest to get this http://www.goodluckbuy.com/fc-unive...-quadcopter-hexacopter-carbon-fiber-tube.html before that i will try this mouse padding than try the tarot gimbal and carbon fiber props. Have fun with it look good all around and Merry Christmas to you too it also raining here in New York so no flying it warm 55 degree oh well cheers.

1 more thing i try these nano tech turnigy 6000 amh which give me 15 plus min's and 2 min to land this is with out my 6000 amh tx but with arris gimbal so i like these they are not so big in size and weight and give me good time althought i was flying slowly it might give you less flying aggressiveView attachment 15289View attachment 15290.

Attachments

• turnigy batery-1.jpg
    turnigy batery-1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 240
  • turnigy batery-2.jpg
    turnigy batery-2.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 232

wbrownj

Hi Dhardjono,
Thanks for the reply. The lights are really good but those are like headlights and would look weird at the back. Perhaps I could find some tail-lights too !!!

I am not sure of the model, but the gimbal is from Goodluckbuy / GoodluckSell. Its not the smallest thing but it does seem good enough for my needs anyway.

Thanks for the tip on the batteries, I will look in to them.

How much does your complete rig weigh at take-off?
Mine is 2340g and I want to know if that is too much.

Cheers

Jonathan

Dhardjono

I don't have any weight measurement but the arris gimbal is 17 g battery is 623 g did not have my fpv tx but that weight almost nothing and basically i have all what you got with oisd for fpv telemetry &View attachment 15295View attachment 15296 only i use sbus for futaba tx so less wire and i have 1 ubec for the gimbal which weight nothing and no lights.

Attachments

• IMG_9400.jpg
    IMG_9400.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_9415.jpg
    IMG_9415.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 165

wbrownj

Thanks Dhardjono.
Can anyone else comment on my takeoff weight of 2340g?
Is it too heavy or does it sit within the acceptable weight ratings? I don't want to over-stress the motors or escs.
At that weight, what sort of flight time should I expect from a 5000mah 4s lipo?

Thanks for your help and merry Xmas

Jonathan

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Thanks Dhardjono.
Can anyone else comment on my takeoff weight of 2340g?
Is it too heavy or does it sit within the acceptable weight ratings? I don't want to over-stress the motors or escs.
At that weight, what sort of flight time should I expect from a 5000mah 4s lipo?

Thanks for your help and merry Xmas

Jonathan

XAircraftAustralia specs for X650 Pro

TAKE OFF WEIGHT (TOW) AND EXPECTED FLIGHT TIME

1800g (including 4S 5800mAh LiPo battery) 20 minutes

OTHER SIZE AND WEIGHT SPECIFICATIONS

• Frame weight only (no power unit or flight controller), 535g
  • Frame with power unit (ESCs, motors and propellers), 1075g
  • Frame with power unit and SuperX Flight Controller, 1265g
  • Maximum gross TOW (do not exceed TOW), 3000g
  • Maximum payload, 1735g
  • Diameter, 570mm (from motor shafts) 645mm (motor mount edge)
  • Height, 270mm
  • Hangable height, <157mm
  • Approximate shipping weight (complete kit), 2500g

David

VIQuad

I like to see how it fly i added mouse pad under each motor just to see if it less vibration but from dji face book forum Richard sugest to get this http://www.goodluckbuy.com/fc-unive...-quadcopter-hexacopter-carbon-fiber-tube.html before that i will try this mouse padding than try the tarot gimbal and carbon fiber props.

Mouse pads....Let us know how this works out. I thought about trying that a while back but never did. I was worried it would throw off the balance and leveling of the motors, seeing that the motors wont be sitting 100% level on the pads. I also considered a moongel pad. http://www.percussionsource.com/p/r...ing&aff=5110&gclid=CKS-k67NyLsCFfPm7Aod_0UAUw

I'd be curious to see the before and after video, post something when you have some results.

Emowillcox

I have had good results putting mouse pad under my camera on my gimbal.
Jonathan What kind of fpv monitor and bracket are u running?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Mouse pads....Let us know how this works out. I thought about trying that a while back but never did. I was worried it would throw off the balance and leveling of the motors, seeing that the motors wont be sitting 100% level on the pads. I also considered a moongel pad. http://www.percussionsource.com/p/r...ing&aff=5110&gclid=CKS-k67NyLsCFfPm7Aod_0UAUw

I'd be curious to see the before and after video, post something when you have some results.

I have used Moongel under my Hero 2 with a 2 axis gimbal and it was the best of a lot of different material uses, now using the Arris the places to use are limited and not really sure a requirement.

David

Dhardjono

Yes i will try to go out today i got my fpv tx yesterday from mail i hook up ready to go it cold today but i am willing to try 1 or 2 battery also i email xaircraft america they been giving me advise and reading my black box report i got some tips from him. if mouse pad don't work i will try tarot gimbal and if that still don't work i will try anti vibration landing skid.View attachment 15302

Attachments

• anti vibration landing skid.jpg
    anti vibration landing skid.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 155